Friday, January 23, 2009

"Getting to Know You" by Nick Peterson

The song I chose is "It's Not My Time" by 3 Doors down. I like this song a lot it because I like this band and the genre. The genre matters because it really wouldn't fit any other genre like country, r&b, etc... It's not the most important song to me but its a song that I enjoy listening. The song helps me mostly for entertainment and my enjoyment. My partner had some different views I did on his song.



My partner Tong Liu chose the song "Viva la Viva" by Coldplay. This song is important to him because he likes to listen to the song. He doesn't think that the genre mattered because he likes that lyrics. He tells me that this song helps him because it helps him capitalize on his opportunities. He enjoys this song a lot and listens to it often.



In conclusion there are many different songs that have so many different meanings, but there are many songs that talk about the same thing. This tells us what the artist was going through at the time they were writing a certain song. In some songs the genre matters because all they want is that type of music/sound, but some songs are mainly for the lyrics.

No comments: