Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Goodbye Poem by Kaylee Leclerc

I never had the chance to say goodbye,
Although I’m pretty sure you know why.

I never spent much time with you,
But you always knew the right thing to do.

This sickness ended your life so quick,
You were gone before the clock could tick.

I remember standing by your bed,
Waiting for the moment we’d all dread.

Despite the pain you looked so happy,
But of course you knew the time was crappy.

You closed your eyes as if to sleep,
And soon enough we’d start to weep.

That moment was much to sad,
Because no one there, of course, was glad.

The funeral was the hardest part,
For it caused so many tears so start.

And now you’re with your wife I hope,
Learning to have fun and cope.

We miss you so much everyday,
To bad things turned out this way.

2 comments:

Writer said...

That was the sadest thing ever!!! It was really good too!! :D
-*Kelsey*

Brooklyn said...

Kaylee,
You described emotion in your poem so well! I could really feel the sadness you had, and the rhyming was a great touch.
~Broooklyn