I am addicted to the written word. I love loosing myself in another world. The problem is that I get so caught up in a book that I keep loosing track of the real world. When I am in class, all I can think about is the book I’m reading. What is happening? Who or what will I meet next? What new sights have I not read about? I get so caught up in the questions and the answers that I loose touch with what I am supposed to be doing in class. And then when I actually read my book, it seems as if I am no longer on earth. I know that sound is going on around me, but I can’t hear it. I can’t see or put words to anything that goes on around me, only what is happening in my book. I feels as if I’m really asleep even though I am only reading, when I finish a chapter and I look up into the real world, it really feels as if I was asleep. This is beginning to be a problem. I love reading my books and don’t want to give them up, but I also feel as if I am loosing my mind to a fantasy world. Help!
I can’t seem to wake up. It’s a lot like when I read a book, other then the fact that I am actually asleep and not reading. I seem to be sleeping more and more. I’m a night person though so I go to sleep in the middle of the night. But I keep on waking up later and later. My mom keeps on getting angry that I can’t get up earlier when I go to bed sooner. She tries to make me hurry up in the morning also, but I am also defiantly not a morning person. I like my sleep. What should I try to do about this?
When Should I Repot My Fiddle Leaf Fig
2 years ago
5 comments:
It's okay to read! In fact it's okay to read a lot! Even though I'm not too fond of reading myself, I still love the idea of getting so caught up in my reading that I forget about the real world! But...not in school! If you really want to stop getting the cravings to be with Edward or pull out your wand and cast a spell on that nasty rat Malfoy, then here are some tips on focusing better in school: bring a different more boring book to school, one that will make you WANT to stop, or don't even bring your book to school or wherever you are going. Knowing that there is not a book in your bag will make it easier to NOT want to read it while you're busy.
- No. 10
No. 25
I'm like that too! Books seem to be the most captivating material a person could get their hands on. Without books, Obama wouldn't be where his is now.
Reading books is a great thing, but getting lost in them proves itself to be pretty disastrous.
When I read books, I keep a small note book at my side with a little pencil so I can jot down notes and thoughts and where I left off in the book. My little notebook is really helpful. I just love to see the messy ink-filled pages. It's like eye candy for me.
Perhaps you could always try to listen to the teacher when they explain the lesson then either take it home for homework or finish it in class so you have a good 10 minutes in class to read your beloved book.
:) Good luck with your book-obsession!
Sincerely,
No. 25.
I completly understand where your coming from. I am reading the Twilight books again and I just want to get my book out and read them. Even though I have read them I seem to get caught up in them.I get locked in my own little world. It's great that you like to read but maybe just read a chapter every two days or something, that might help you concentrat on your work a little bit more. Hope this works. No.2
#22 hey you just realy enjoy the book and if it interfers with your learning you should leave it home and not wory about it in school. my advice is to live a dubble life and go to school and be #17 come come home and make your eyes buld with musle from all the reading.
"keep on keeping on"
Readin is always inportant. But I can see where you are comming from. I may say leaving your book at home for one day of school, and try to break the hard cold habbit of it. It may take a lot of will power, but I know you can do it.
NO.4
Post a Comment