Thursday, May 21, 2009

Family Folklure by Dimitri Garzarelli

One time I went to Bear Lake with my dad, my sister, and our friends. We had an awesome time. The first day we were there, we went down to the lake, it was so hot outside that I was getting close to melting. The sun was bright and shiny like a new car on a Saturday afternoon. When I walked into the water, it was like walking into a pool full of ice. But it was perfect because it was REALLY hot outside. We were telling my dad's friend to put sun block on of else he would get sun-burnt so bad that he will turn into ashes. One time I went to Bear Lake with my dad, my sister, and our friends. We had an awesome time. The first day we were there, we went down to the lake, it was so hot outside that I was getting close to melting. The sun was bright and shiny like a new car on a Saturday afternoon. When I walked into the water, it was like walking into a pool full of ice. But it was perfect because it was REALLY hot outside. We were telling my dad's friend to put sun block on of else he would get sun-burnt so bad that he will turn into ashes. He gets sun-burnt easier than paper catches on fire. After telling him to put it on for five minutes, he finally put it on. We were having so much fun swimming in the water, but I wanted to make it even better, I had my dad, and my dad's friend throw me up in the air as high as they could and I would land in the water, I was flying like a bird. Finally we walked back up to our camp ground and I looked over at my dad's friend, he was brighter than a ripe tomato roasting in a fire.

Another funny time I had with my family was when I was at my house; my cousins had been over from Portland. We were upstairs talking about scary stories that my family had experienced. Some of the things they were talking about were things that I have never heard out of all the years I have lived with them. One of my cousins was so scared that she was crying up a storm. I was heading downstairs to watch my cousin play Guitar Hero. I sat down and I heard a noise, I was thinking about the scary stories, so I turned around and right when I did, my cousin was in the air right behind me. He wasn't trying to scare me, he was just running and he went to jump on the bean bag. I scared my other cousin that was playing Guitar Hero, I scared him because I screamed so loud because I was so scared

Finally, the funniest time of my life was on Halloween. My uncle was in from out of town. He came trick or treating with me and my cousin. I was little at the time, and there was this haunted house that I wanted to go to really bad. He took us to it, it was really fun. When I got out, I was running from a guy and my uncle jumped out of a bush and scared me. Then I turned around and there was this black figure looking at us, I was scared and told my uncle to unlock the door, it took him so long so finally I ran around to the other side and jumped over my uncle that was in the drivers seat. I went up to the window and the black figure was a man dressed up in a Gorilla suit. He was looking in the window so I went up to him and was teasing him, and my uncle rolled down my window and the man reached in the car and I jumped back. It was funny.

No comments: