Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Getting to Know You by Ryan Bass

Music is like a poem. They both rhyme, have words, they are written in stanzas. Music is like one of the best things in my life. My favorite song is TNT by AC/DC. My favorite genre is rock and roll.It makes me feel pumped up.

Rock



Rock and roll is music

But it does not have acoustic

There is AC DC and We Are the Kings

Only one person usually sings

There is a drummer, singer, lead guitar, and bass

He is not the ace

Now I am done

But do not run



Rythmn and Blues



My friend Clay likes Rythmn and Blues

He always watches the news

Stevie Wonder and Ray J

They all like to pray

What else do I have to say

Clay is five three

He is as tall as me

Rythmn and Blues is so cool

Even Better than school




Rythmn and Rock

Rock and rythmn are almost the same

Because they both have a name

They both have beats

They are thought up on the streets

Coreographers to singers

They dont make phone ringers

Rythmn and rock is so great

It is like bait




2 comments:

Writer said...

I liked how you ryhmed in your memoir it was very fun to read!

-Brittney Golder

Writer said...

Interesting compare and contrast approach! I liked how your form followed the function. Using a poem to compare songs to poetry was very smart and fun to read.

Ms. L