Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Metaphor Madness by mariah najera

My life is Rain storm; it is so much in a way, so similar. I have in a way seen my life as a big black hole with no where to go, no one to help me out. I have changed and thanks to the people I’m around the things I do I can see my life being one big rain storm. The things we say, do, and see, effects the way everyone sees things and how they will live the rest of there life. The reason why I’m comparing my life to a rain storm is because I’m what the world needs we all are what the world needs. I have the ability to be anything I want and a rain can touch anything and everyone in its way. I have impacted so many people by just telling them my life story it effects them just like a rainstorm. It takes a lot of courage to fall, to let go of the things you know and love, it’s really hard to just let your self fall. A rain storm is all about falling letting everything fall into place, everything come together to make something new some thing to impact the world and the people in it.
The reason I’m saying this is I have had a hard life and I love the rain I feel like I can do, say, be, what ever I want to. It all started when I was about 3 years old, I lived with my mom and well I had no idea where my dad went. I would still visit my dads mother (my other grandma) she would take care of me. But the one person I had trusted thee most (mom) was not really the person I could never depend on, I broke my moms grandma’s heart when she would leave me and my sister with her and then go party with her friends. One night she just took off and left me and my sister all alone in the apartment we lived in. She wasn’t there when I woke up, I remember that night. I can’t seem to forgive and forget that moment of my life. Later that night the police came and got me and my sister. One of the neighbors had called after they heard me and my sister crying. They put us into foster care and I stayed there for like two weeks then one day my grandma came and got me and my sister. That day was wonderful I’m still living with my grandparents to this day. I am still trying so hard to forgive my mom but it’s a journey I have to take to go though all that she has put me though and forgive.

Rain storms. They can be clam, Angry, Soft, Hard, Letting go it thee most hardest things about a rain storm. I love thee rain it is what helps me feel like I’m thee one to be me and no one can change me and who I am. I could care less what people think of me. The decisions I make affect then way people see me. Just like rain storms, People judge the way rain works by its decisions that it makes by choosing to make it rain hard, soft, of even just sprinkle. Rain storms are what I’m all about.

1 comment:

Writer said...

Wow! What a great memoir! You are one strong wise girl. I hope you keep writing. A rain storm is a very great metaphor to use for your thoughts and experiences because it's full of mystery and is purifying. I really liked this line, "I’m what the world needs we all are what the world needs. I have the ability to be anything I want and a rain can touch anything and everyone in its way. " Keep up the positive attitude and you'll go far. You're a great writer.
Ms. L