Thursday, May 14, 2009

Metaphor Madness by Jason Jung

Life is a hourglass. Sand keeps moving just how life keeps moving. You might have a problem that feels like that lif can't go on and your mind feels like your whole body stops like how the sand gets stuck and can't fall, but time keeps moving.

This relates to when my grandpa died. I felt like I just couldn't belive it how sudden it was, one day he's fine the next he is in the hospital and my family gets a phone call. (If you've never experienced this image a hourglass and then watch the sand get stuck.) It's so unexpected when everything runs smoothly.

But when everything does run smoothly its like riding on a rollercoaster. When I was in Disneyland it felt great life was running wonderful like as if there was nothing that could have stopped me. That was one of my best momment of my 13 year old life.

1 comment:

Writer said...

The hourglass is a great metaphor! I would have loved you to keep going with this idea because everything you wrote was great, but I need some more development. Connecting it to your grandpa's death was really effective. Don't worry about the rollercoaster comparison...stick with one idea and go with it:)

Ms. L