Life is hunting, especially with a bow. You want that moment when the perfect deer walks into the view of your gun sights and you finally get the chance to pull back. Its finally pulled back and the wait for the perfect shot begins. You hold and hold by the time you want to fire your arm is tyred. The shot is lost with the deer. Everybody want that monster buck to walk by. Sometime you wont find it or you cant find a deer. Most head hunt but eventually people just go for the little one. With a little bit of time and patients you become the last one in the tree stand. That very evening while all the deers are starting to lay down for the night. You see him again this time he walks into the open you pull back and let go hopping not to miss. Not to worry your shot dropped that monster right were he stood.
The day in the forest waiting for the monster deer to come into my sights. I could swearer it was forever but still never happened. The next day I came home to go to school but I couldn't think at all, I was worried that something was going to happen and I would never get to see the new deer. Maybe I wasn't going to hunt the son of the monster.
In the middle of the day not expecting to get out early my mom came and picked me up from that horrible day at school. We went back to the car and she said are you ready. I didn't know what to say but all that ran through my mind was did it really happen had my deer been shot.
I walked into the forest and instantly found my deers family but its not around. I walked further and I found it laying down but I couldn't believe my eyes there next to her was a little deer I called Kamara
With all of the waiting i did, coming back to that forest area where the deer graze constantly. I know it wasn't up to me when i got to see this prised deers daughter. When I did I instantly knew I was going to there for it everyday of my life and show her love. Waiting for somthing that might not happen will probably end up leading to something else.
When Should I Repot My Fiddle Leaf Fig
2 years ago
1 comment:
Great metaphor! You never even had to tell us the exact event because you were so clear in your metaphor, and it still made us think. I especially like the line, "I didn't know what to say but all that ran through my mind was did it really happen had my deer been shot."
I think you're right...waiting always leads to something else; something even better.
Ms. L
Post a Comment