Life is a hockey game, it has it's ups and downs. Sometimes it is intense, and sometimes it amazingly awesome. The intense part is when you are tied with only one minute left in the game and you are determined to win and you want to score before the other team does. Another intense part is when you are carrying the puck up the ice and there is a six foot tall and one hundred and fifty pound guy skating towards you. You know he is going to check you, but you have to wait till the last minute and pass the puck. The very fun part of the game is when you win the tied game and you score with only five seconds left of the game.
One of the intense parts of my life was when I got home from school, and I saw my mom and dad sitting on the stairs. They were talking, my parents have been divorced most of my life, so I wasn't used to seeing them together. They both looked sad, I didn't want to ask them any questions, then when I was walking to the kitchen when I heard them telling me to go over by them. They had me sit down by them, at this moment I thought I was going to get in trouble for not cleaning my room, but unfortunately, it wasn't about that. Then the down part of my life came, they had told me that my grandpa had died, when they told me that, it felt like the whole world stopped. I wasn't listening to them talk, the only thing I did was think about all the good times we had together. Every time I went to my grandma and grandpa's house we always played domino's, that is the memory I mostly remember. The next day at school I couldn't concentrate on anything, all I kept thinking about was how he made a big impact on my life.
One of the awesome parts in my life was when I was at my dad's house, it wasn't just a regular visit to my dad's house. I was up in my room when he called me downstairs. He asked me to take out the garbage, and while I was walking outside, I saw a trailer on the back of my dad's truck, it had one dirt bike. I had been asking him for a dirt bike for months. Finally I was walking to the garbage and I took a second look at it, It was way too big for me, but knowing me, I'm like Curious George, so I went to go check it out and see what it looked like, and I saw another dirt bike on the other side, but this one was different, it was just my size. My dad had bought a dirt bike for me and for him. I ran inside begging him to let me ride it, so he let me. I got on the bike and started it and took off. It had been my first time riding one all by myself, and you know what happens, I crashed. Luckily it wasn't a bad crash.
Another big part of my life is when I tried out for the Murray High hockey team. I had been asking my mom if I could join the team. She was talking to me and asking if it was really something I wanted to do. I told her that I would be more than happy to try out. So the day of the practice, I went and played as hard as I could. The next day I got a call from the coach, he called me and told me that I would be playing the first game, and he welcomed me to the team. I was so excited when he told me that. There is nothing more exciting for me than making the high school hockey team.
When Should I Repot My Fiddle Leaf Fig
2 years ago
1 comment:
Good job! I especially liked your first paragraph. You wrote a great metaphor full of description and depth. I hope you keep writing. It's always good to remember the good memories with those we've lost.
Ms. L
Post a Comment