You can learn a lot about a person by knowing what kind of music they like. Some like country, some like rock, and some even like rap but all the same, music has an impact on what makes us who we are. The music genre I like the best is rock even though I like many others including pop and hip-hop. I like rock the most because it always has a great beat to it, no matter what song it is. Rock has always been a part of my life, rock is all my family really listens to and we love it. I also have brothers that play the guitar, including me. I have too many favorite songs to chose from, but the one I listen to the most would be Breed by Otep(originally by Nirvana). This song makes me feel fantastic. It’s a really energetic song but definitely rock. How it makes me feel is unexplainable but the part that makes me feel that way would be the lyrics to the chorus, whenever I hear them it makes me smile and want to laugh. Some phrases in it that I like the most are of course, the chorus. The chorus goes like this, “We can plant a house or we can build a tree, I don’t even care we don’t have to breed”. This chorus is quite unique in a funny yet serious way. When I hear this song I can just picture a man trying to plant a house and another man trying to build a tree. A memory I have of this song is whenever me and my friend listen to this song we repeat the chorus. We would say it in front of my mom and she would just stare at us like we’re insane. I listen to this song whenever I am bored or just sitting on my bed. It gets me in a mood that is all happy and ecstatic.
My partner, Chelsea Case, is almost opposite of me music wise, yet it fits her personality. Like I said music makes you, and you make the music. Chelsea likes all kinds of music but prefers hip-hop or R&B. Her favorite song is Point of No Return by Immortal Technique. The song makes her feel sad for the people who make bad choices and end up getting locked up. Some phrases she likes in this song are “it’s the point of no return; I can never go back to”. When she hears this song it makes her picture troubled people that get in trouble and go to prison. A memory or dream associated with this song it one time she wants to help people out with their problems or troubles so they don’t end up having more troubles and go to prison. Chelsea likes to listen to this song when she is bored because it makes her think about other people and their feelings about their life.
In conclusion, music is a major part of our life. Without it, we wouldn’t be who we are, we would all probably be boring, plain people that have no feelings or emotions, but since we do have music it creates us, it makes us who we want to be. Whether we like crazy music, sad, happy, exciting, dramatic, classic, or hip-hop were all tied together like a web created by music.
When Should I Repot My Fiddle Leaf Fig
2 years ago
8 comments:
My brothers love that kind of music too! Two of them (11 and 7) play the guitar and my dad does too! I get to listen to the songs they play A LOT!! i love your description!
Daryl Gustafson
You write a lot!!! Good memoir
oops that was from me Clay Powell
Holy moly, you wrote a lot
Which is good:) Way to go Brittany.
-Mariana.
Great style of song and its really long too, very cool
-Will
I liked your description on lots of things. It really made me think.
You rock.
-Mariah
I like your writing style, and your music choice (Go Nirvana!). I also like that you can go into depth and not run out of things to say.
Jordyn Hansen
Thanks Brittany,
You did a great job of tying the meaning all together! Great taste in music. Even though I've known you a year, I learned even more about you.
Ms. L
Post a Comment