Thursday, May 21, 2009

Family Folklore by Boston Hatch

It was the summer of 2008. Me, my brother, my sister, and my dad were going to Sea World with Grandpa and Patty. (Our step-grandma) We packed all our stuff and got ready to go. After we loaded everything into the car, we were off. After about two hours, I was so bored I made a prisoner look like someone vacationing in Hawaii. I wanted to sleep to pass the time but I wasn't at all tired. We stopped at Burger King and got some Whopper Jr's. and then we were on the road again. My desire for an iPod was as great as the need for water on a hot summer day after you've skating for three hours.
Eventually the sun decided to take a nap and so it crept behind the clouds and it was night. I was finally starting to get tired. I could only imagine how badly my dad wished he could sleep. Poor dad. After a long day, I fell asleep.
I heard my dad waking me up. "Boston, get up." I hate being woken up from my sleep.
"What time is it," I asked in a tired voice.
"It's ten. Come inside and see Grandpa and Patty before you go to sleep."
I slowly got up, got my stuff out of the trunk and walked to the front door. By now my tiredness was exceedingly impertinent. All I could think of was that inviting bed in the guest room. I was so tired I made a slave after a long day look like someone who has been asleep for sixteen days. After I was finally done saying hi to my grandparents, I slipped into the guest room bed and fell asleep instantly.
The next morning we all got up at eight. The one thing I hate about going to visit my grandparents is we always have to get up early. We ate breakfast and got in the car.
***
We pulled up to Sea World. Looking at all the rides and attractions made us want to get out of the car and go to them but we had to get all our stuff and get ready. First everyone put on sunblock, then we all took a water bottle and some food. Finally we were ready to go. We walked up to the front booth and bought our tickets then went on the Journey To Atlantis roller coaster. It was so fun, it made four-wheeling look like school. After that, we went to the pool where there's a bunch of starfish and blow fish and stuff. We went on more and more rides and saw more attractions and decided to eat dinner at the Shipwreck Cafe. The sun was starting to get tired and eventually decided to take a nap. It was time to go back to Grandpa and Patty's.
***
We had a good rest of the vacation at Grandpa and Patty's. It was time to go back home.

1 comment:

Brooklyn said...

I like the personification of the sun. Nice story, sounds like fun. That's funny I consider 8:00 sleeping in. . . haha
~Brooklyn