My name is Jordyn Hansen. I haven't had a perfect life. Music has been my passion, my savior. It has always been in my life, and I realize that without music, our generation would not be the same. Ever since I was little, my father would blare music until you had to scream to hear each other while in standing next to them. Later in life, when I could choose what I wanted to listen to, I chose the same kind of music that my father played. I guess that you could say that my favorite genre of music is something like punk rock. I just love the guitar solos, the beat, and the stories that the songs usually tell. When I'm down, music is always there to cheer me up, even when my friends can't. My favorite band is Green Day, for their strongly influential music. I could listen to their music anytime. My favorite song by Green Day is Homecoming/Death of Saint Jimmy/ East 12h Street/Nobody Likes You/Rock and Roll Girlfriend/We're Coming Home Again. I chose this song because it is like a story of a older teenager who has a life that is anything but perfect. I feel that when I listen to this song, it was almost made for me. Every word in the lyrics has some how applied in my life.
While having the privilege to interview one of my friends, Parker, I realized that everyone is very different. His genre of music is almost as different as you can get compared to mine, yet we still get along. His favorite music is more oldies, like the 80's and 90's music. His favorite songs are Going the Distance, and the Superman theme song. When he listens to these two songs, he feels as though he is on top of the world, and is flying. Parker's goal in life is to become a pilot, which makes sense. Parker's favorite time to listen to these are when he is riding his bike, and he can feel the wind in his face, or when he is on a long hike. He loves to just get lost in the music, and relax.
Overall, everyone has a different genre of music. Without music, life would be different for all of us. Best friends can like the total opposite kind of music, but still get along. Music is a strong and influential way to say things. It can tell a story, say "I Love You," it can say "I'm Sorry." There is so many things that music says about someone. Without music, we would have no big differences. Yeah, we would have different hair, eyes, even skin, but we would all be the same. With music you can usually tell what kind a of person some one is. Music is a key factor in people's lives. It helps us realize who we are, it almost defines us.
When Should I Repot My Fiddle Leaf Fig
2 years ago
3 comments:
Jordyn I love the way you discribe music and how it effects us in many ways. You are amazing.
Love Mariah <33
Ya it deffinetly would be SO much different if we didn't have music. You are a really could writter by what i can tell on this story. You're like Wow!lol -Megan Casey...
Well said! You incorporate a perfect combination of your story and meaning. It makes great sense why you love music. You have a great voice to your writing! Keep it up; I look forward to reading your future memoirs.
Ms. L
Post a Comment