I have this coach. He is a great coach and he makes us better but he is always in a really bad mood. He makes fun of us and calls us mean names such as “Chuckie, Retard” and stuff like that. He is always in a bad mood except when we are his idea of “good.” Whenever some of us are good he makes us do extra conditioning and more of the events that we don’t like. When my old coach left and this new one came, my performance and level of what I could do went downhill. None of my team members like this new coach when he is in a bad mood. When he is in a good mood he will let us have free time and experiment with new skills, and make fun of HIM, but if he gets irritated, he turns into a devil!
A few of my friends and I want to talk to him about this problem, but we know that he will get mad at us or have our parents come in to talk about it. We don’t want that to happen. How can we get him to listen to us without getting mad? We really want him to stop teasing us because having him say tings like “ that sucked,” or “ that’s horrible, try it again but do it better,” makes us go downhill like a sled on ice! I need to know how to get brave and tell him to stop and let us do it how we think is right, and then if it is wrong, tell us what to fix. I really need help! Please!
When Should I Repot My Fiddle Leaf Fig
2 years ago
4 comments:
Dear no. 10,
I think in everyone's life they will come across a grouchy boss or coach. It seems like they're always in a bad mood. You should always do your best and try hard so he notices you're trying to stay on his good side. Maybe be kind even when he's in a good mood so he will appreciate you more. If he continues to be angry all the time, try confronting him. Get all the other kids behind you too becuase there's safety in numbers.
-no. 12
dear number 10,
I feel ya, the coach for my old team was always like that! I understand how it can make you feel but he is your coach. Sometimes it may feel like he is being rude and doesn't care but he is using constructive criticism, where he criticizes you in a way that may seem mean but really he's just trying to make a point. If you really feel like you need to talk to him about it go ahead, I'm sure he likes to hear you and you'r teammates thoughts.
-no. 14
I don't think that your coach is in a bad mood all the time, but he just knows that you are better than that, and he think that's the only way to push you harder. Playing all the sports that I have, and having all the coaches that I've had, I think your best bet is just to confront him with it, and explain that you don't like to be called names and such. Tell him it lowers your self-esteem, which doesn't make you play any better, it just frusturates you because you think that he thinks that you aren't as talented of a player as you are.
NO. 18
Post a Comment