Thursday, May 28, 2009

Advice No. 24

School has always been really important to me. I’ve always had really good grades, but now they seem to be getting lower. I mean, I’m not failing or anything, it’s just lower than my average. I don’t know if it’s just because it’s the end of the year, but it’s getting really frustrating. Arrgh! I’ve asked my teachers for extra credit, and they’ve given me some, but it’s not bringing my grades up. I think I’ll have an “A-“ in Honors English when I have had all “A”s in that class this year. I know, you’re probably thinking, She’s freaking out over an “A-“?. But I have “B”s, too. Okay, weak argument, I know. It’s not like my grades are horrible or anything, I just know I can do better.

he part that bugs me the most is that I feel like I’m letting people down. I’m letting myself, my parents, and my teachers down because they all know I can do better. I wish there was a way to make it better. If you have advice, please comment! I really need help!!!

8 comments:

Brooklyn said...

Oh my goodness I feel the exact same way! I have A-'s too, and I toally feel like I can do better, but you know what? Whatever happens happens. It's only 8th grade, and next year things will truly being to count for life. But all you need to do is hold on and hang in. Try your very hardest these last few days and you'll know you've done the best you can. Don't worry, it's okay not to be perfect. I'll try working on it with you.

Writer said...

No. 25
It's not a weak argument! :)
I understand what you're talking about. Maintaining a good straight A report card gets really bothersome after a while. Perhaps you just need to have one night to just relax! Just take a nice bubble bath, watch a movie, and head off to bed. Sometimes stress prevents even me from completing homework or thinking things through completely. Hopefully a good nights rest will help. If not, you could always try to push yourself for the last week of school. If you really want a straight A report card, I think it would be good if you might take a couple days off from friends to do some extra credit homework. (Well, that is if you hang out with buddies a lot.)
I hope this advice helped!
Sincerely,
No. 25.

Writer said...

You know I know what your going through this term and like everytime this year i have been shooting for a 4.0 and i seem that i cannot get it and i work so hard i turn in all my work and I do what you do i ask my teachers for extra credit and sometimes she tells me that she cant give me extra credit. deep down inside i know you are an awesome person that cares about people esspecially your grades. but you know what dont get frusterated or mad just keep doing what your doing and everyting is going to be alright and i would not worry to much about your grades you will find a way to get them up. dont worrry

love no.2

Writer said...

Okay, first what I would do is calm down. Relax. If you know that you are doing your best and trying to do better, than your good. If others think that you are slaking, that is their problem. All YOU should be worrying about is how you feel about what you are doing. If you think you are doing your best and trying your hardest, relax and enjoy knowing that it's another person's problem if they don't like your work.
Relax. Everything will be OK. :)

No.17

Writer said...

Your argument isn't weak. Your situation sounds like you are under the pressure of making things as perfect as possible for the end of the school year. Now I know that is not a fact, but it is common for most students to react this way during the end of the school year. Don't worry the sun will shine soon, just remember this is your life; if any one has a problem with you having low grades than that's their problem not yours. Keep in mind that no body's perfect, as long as you are trying your best is all that matters.

No.4

Writer said...

Well Since 8th grade doesnt count towards your real GPA that counts for your college diploma. So you can relax and don't stress out about it right now. Next year you can stress about it but you sound like your a smart type of person and your in honors english so I think your set.

-no. 28

Writer said...

I know excactly how you feel. I have the same problem. I can't accept Bs and I always get made fun of for it. I'm going through the same thing right now. Firt and second terms I did really well and then third term I even got a 4.0 but lately my grades aren't looking so good. So I totally feel you! I have just decided that you needn't worry. You'll just have to accept A-s and Bs until you get your grades up. That's what I did. I hope this advice has helped you.

-No. 16

Writer said...

ok #25 if i had ur grades i would be so proud of my self. your grades are so much better then mine dont worrie about it your doin great i promise. theres nothing wrong with b's or a-'s like for rreal i would die to have those grades like thats on the real side.

yours # 15