My favorite kind of music is Rock. I like pretty much every kind of Rock. Soft Rock, Metal, Alternative Rock, Hard Rock, and Classic Rock. I also listen to a little bit of Hip-Hop. And by a little bit, I mean Beastie Boys and Heartless by Kanye West. I generally hate Hip-Hop and can’t stand it. But the number one genre of music that I hate is Country. I can’t stand it. Every time a Country song comes on the radio, I change it as fast as I possibly can. I have many favorite songs, all by The Beatles, Metallica, and U2, but I would have to say that With or Without You by U2 is my favorite. Some of the lyrics in the song are, “See the stone set in your eyes, see the thorn twist in your side. I wait... for you. Slight of hand and twist of fate. On a bed of nails, she makes me wait. And I wait without you." I connect with the song in that my sister is so annoying, and sometimes I want to kill her, but when she’s not there, I get really bored. When I listen to the song, a picture comes to my mind of Bono, the lead singer of U2, singing about his girlfriend, and he can’t stand her but at the same time he doesn’t know what he would do without her. A memory associated with this song is the time a certain friend that I won’t name really bugged me. This might sound stupid, but the day we rotated exploratory classes, we were walking to it after third period and he asked, “You know we’re going to Ms. LaFortune’s room, right?” And I just stood there and said nothing. Sometimes he is so incredibly blatant that it drives me crazy. I just wanted to say, “Yes I freaking know we rotate today!” He does it so much and I can’t stand it. But despite all this bugginess, he’s still my friend and we hang out all the time. I listen to this song when I am relaxed because it’s really soft and soothing. It just makes me really happy. Every time I hear it, it makes me want to do a triple backflip off a house, it’s so freaking amazingly awesome.
My friend Dallin mostly likes Hard Rock and Classical music. His favorite song is I Don’t Care by Fall Out Boy, not to be confused with I Don’t Care by Apocalyptica. It makes him feel like when he argues with his friend, a.k.a. me. I keep telling him that D&D and Larping (live action role play) are really stupid, but he doesn’t care what I say. He still thinks they’re cool. Some of the lyrics in the song are, “I don’t care what you think, just as long as it’s about me. The best of us can find happiness in misery.” When he listens to it, a picture comes to his mind of a certain two people that I won't name in his scouts trying to tell him what to do and acting like they're the boss, and when they tell him to do something, he just stands there, and they say, "I'm telling you to do someting. You have to do it." But he doesn't care and he just does whatever he wants. A memory of his associated with this song is one time he was with his cousin at the park and he asked some kids if they wanted to play D&D and he was just kidding and they were saying things like, "You're so dumb, I can't believe you like D&D." And he just said, "Thanks, yeah you're right! At this point they were getting really mad, which is excactly what he wanted. He listens to this song when he's thinking about scouts and a certain person who I won't name, because he loves pissing them off and not listening to them.
Music is the most amazing thing there is in my opinion. It can make you feel happy when you're sad or said when you're happy. It can make you feel energetic and elated. And in the case of Metallica, Slipknot, and Atreyu, it can give you a headache from head banging so hard. But we all have our opinions. I like many differenty genres, from Cat Stevens to Metallica, Enya to Atreyu, The Beatles to Slipknot. And then there's Dallin, who likes songs like Don't Trust Me (incredibly horrible song, by the way) and Hallowed Be Thy Name. Everyone loves music, no matter how good their opinions are. Unless it's The Jonas Brothers, becuase it's a fact that they are the worst band in the world.
When Should I Repot My Fiddle Leaf Fig
2 years ago
7 comments:
Hahah. I agree with you about the
The Jonas Brothers. ha. That made me laugh and yeah they are the worst. (:
it was very good but
dose it have
to be so long
dallin
I agree. The Jonas Brothers are like the worst frick'n band that there ever was, and ever will be!!
And I love the kind of music that you listen to.
Jordyn Hansen
thats cool you can write about song that much. parker schafer
Thanks Boston! I think you have a unique style and your voice shines through your writing. Good idea to include some of the actual lyrics to prove your point!
Ms. L
I'm totally with you on the Jonas Brothers thing. It makes me laugh how they stand up there and whine about girls. I feel bad. I kind of sounds like they're in excruciating pain. Great memoir.
~Brooklyn
Post a Comment