Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Getting to Know You by: Melanie Ririe

When I'm bored or in the mood I listen to my music on my Ipod to suite my mood. The music I listen to is country, the music that really makes you feel! I don't really have a favorite song they're all great. There are times when I find a really good song and call it my favorite song for about a week, then find another song to call my favorite. For a while that song has been Just a Dream by Carrie Underwood. This song talks about a girl driving to the church to get married to her love who just got back from the war, and when she arrives it's not a wedding but a funeral. Her love died in the war and it talks about her breaking down and asking him why. "Baby why'd you leave me why'd you have to go I was counting on forever now I'll never know". This song has so much meaning and though it's sad i love it! Country music makes you think and feel, music is supposed to make you feel and that's what country music does. I don't think rap could do that for you.


I asked Brittney Golder what kind of music she likes and she said country! She said her favorite song is When the sun goes down by Kenny Chesney. It's ironic how she likes the same kind of music, not very many people like country music at my age. Brittney says she likes this song because it makes her feel peaceful and happy. She says that it helps her get away from her troubles and worries. "When the sun goes down everything is better, when the sun goes down." it reminds her of being on a beach and watching the sun go down across the water, as if it were sinking into the ocean. She says the music makes her think of her family and all the great times they've shared. The biggest reason she listens to this song is because it takes her away from the world and she can relax and listen to her rocken country music.



Both of these songs are really great they make you feel and think or just take you away, and that's what country music is all about. these two songs are classic country music which is great, but sometimes you want to listen to country but your in a rocken mood... what do you do?

You listen to country/rock! Not all country music makes you want to cry. get an upbeat country song and your set. The words to the song mean something or still tell a story but at the same time your rocken out to a great beat. For all you girls out there, there's Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood, and lots more.

3 comments:

Writer said...

I loved your memoir it was fun and intertaining to read. I especially liked you last paragraph. You made you memoir fun and exciting even up beat to read. I loved it!!!!!!

-Brittney Golder

Writer said...

I really don't like country music, but when you said "it makes you think and feel" It made me kinda see that its really not that bad and i really need to do some thinking and maybe that would help me realse more of what really is me.
Your awesome.

-Mariah

Writer said...

So true Mel. I liked how you sited specific songs to back up what you were saying. Great ideas in your writing to make you "think and feel". Keep it up.

Ms. L