Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Getting to Know You By: Rebecca Park

Hello! My name is Rebecca Ruechel Park and my favorite song is “Wouldn’t it be Good” By Cascada. At least it is my favorite song at the moment, considering my mood or “taste” right now is slow techno. Not that techno can ever really be slow, but its close enough. Some of the lyrics are “Wouldn’t it be good to be in your shoes, the grass is always greener over there.” I believe that this is really how we humans think isn’t? We always think that some other person has a better life then we do, and you want to be in their shoes. Brings back memories of jealousy and self pity, doesn’t it? But it also reminds me that I have to water my lawn to make it green. This song, though at times sad or slow, makes me feel like I have power over my own life and that gives me the feeling of peace. I just have to stop wishing someone else will come along and make my life better when all I have to do is get up and do it myself! And I can water my own lawn as I wish! To me, that is a bonus.

My partner, Analee Meyer, also feels a kind of hope for the future when listening to her song, “No Day but Today”. The lyrics in her song say, “Forget regret, this life is yours to live.” These lyrics come out and say what I had to interpret from my song. Both songs seem to fill us with a kind of peace, as if it’s a warm, soft blanket on a stormy, cold night. Hope, peace, and a sort of mortality is what these songs make us fell like. They make us fell life, or at least what I think life should fell like. We may not have complete control, and that drives us crazy, but we have enough to make our lives go where we want to go. One step at a time.

Music, to tell you the truth, fells like life and emotion running through my veins. Maybe that is why both my partner and I change our music styles when our mood or life changes. If a person’s music is dark or emo, the person most likely feels depressed or enclosed. The same will happen if the person is cheery. You can find out a lot about a person just by knowing their music tastes. Music, from my perspective, is sort of the rhyme or beat of life. Like I said before, about the music running through my veins, when I really like a song, I can just feel it. Music is a way to express how you’re felling, the same as writing. Music, writing, reading, and drawing are ways to give people outlets. Wouldn’t you agree?

5 comments:

Writer said...

That was very we'll written Rebecca. I for one agree with you about the fact that every one think's that some one else's life is always better than their own.

-Analee Meyer

Writer said...

I really liked you memoir it was really fun to read!

-Brittney Golder

Writer said...

Cascada rocks! Good memoir!
-Boston

Writer said...

I really like it it was awesome.
I liked the way you explaned stuff.
Your awesome.
-Mariah <33

Writer said...

I loved your voice in this piece. You make it meaningful and fun. I especially loved the line, "Music, to tell you the truth, fells like life and emotion running through my veins." Good job.

Ms. L