Friday, May 15, 2009

Metaphor Madness By Breanna Archuleta

Life is a soccer game. You have your wins and your losses, but you have to keep trying for that goal. You may make five goals and in the lead and then the other team scores one more then your team. In life you could be have the most wonderful day and then the next thing you know it you are having the worst day of your life. When you are play offense you are up there trying to make that winning goal, maybe you accidentally hit the ball wrong and miss the winning goal. Like life you are trying to reach your goals. The defenders on your team help stop the other team for goals. Your personal defender is your mind as long as you don’t let it get to you then you are using you defender.

It all started August 29, 2007 when I started on the first day of junior high. Of course I had a great few months, then work started getting harder then friend problems started to accumulate. I would try to stop all of the drama but I just couldn’t reach that goal. The work your teachers give to you fill like you can’t do it, just like they are trying to make a goal on you. Most of the time you keep trying on that home work and don’t give up. In soccer your always suppose to be on someone and not backing down you just keep pressuring them tell you get the ball or they pass. A soccer ball is all you worry about in the whole game, in school all your problems build up in you.

Towards the end of the year last year I had a really big crush but unfortunately he had all ready had a girl friend so we just hung out as friends. Once it got out that I liked him his girl friend hated me because she thought he was going to dump her for me. After all was done they did end up breaking up, I was really excited for me. Well we never went out which was ok and the rest of the summer we weren’t really friends. Like a soccer game I was running back and fourth trying my hardest to be a good friend too him even though the roomers had ended it. The other team had scored a goal on me, dang. In the middle of that summer I and a good friend went out and there were a lot of girls that liked him but I kept my head up high and I won this soccer game. My life is a huge soccer game that never ends.

3 comments:

Writer said...

Brea, your amazing:)
Way to write, really snatched me in.
Ily.
Your amazingg,
- Mariana

Writer said...

you can really do a good job your an awesome writer. chelsea case

Writer said...

Good job! A soccer game is a great metaphor. I enjoyed getting to know you better through your writing. You have great thoughts and really did a good job. Keep it up!!
Ms. L