You know when you walk into a room, and you don't really look around. You think you are surrounded by your friends, but then you look, and you are alone. No one knows who you are, or why you are there. They just stare at you. Their faces are unfamiliar. You don't know what you should do. This is my life.
I can't ever stop it. It seems as though every year I am surrounded by new faces. Almost every year I look around, and I am lost. I make friends, then leave. I start to get confortable in a room, then I am told I have to leave.
I walked into my new school at 11:27am. I glanced around, the halls were empty. I wandered to the office, and into the counceling center. It was just a small room that was unfamiliar. An elderly lady came in through the door. She just stared at me. I explained that I was a new student, and that this was my first day. She then picked up the phone and dialed a number. I didn't know who she was calling, or why she stared at me while she talked to whoever was on the other side of the line. After she hung up the phone, she smiled and said "Welcome to our school." She handed me a schedule, and a student came through the door.
I was thankful for her. She explained that she was on something called the "Welcoming Committee" and would show me around. We instantly became friends. We had so much in common. The butterflies in my stomach eased, at least I knew that I would have one friend that year. Ever since then, I am glad that I met her. She introduced me to all of her friends, and I became friends with them. I don't think that I've ever been so happy that I moved. Yes, I miss my friends at my old school, but I have more friends here. I am happier here than I was there. Yes, it was hard to leave, and harder to deal with life here, but it was worth it. Thanks to my moment of hardship, I am rising to the top of my life chart. I didn't think that life would ever be this good for me.
When Should I Repot My Fiddle Leaf Fig
2 years ago
1 comment:
Well done. You are definitely not alone in your feelings...many people feel like this..."You know when you walk into a room, and you don't really look around. You think you are surrounded by your friends, but then you look, and you are alone. No one knows who you are, or why you are there. They just stare at you. Their faces are unfamiliar. You don't know what you should do. This is my life."
Very descriptive. I really enjoyed reading it!
Ms. L
Post a Comment