Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Metaphor Madness by Megan Casey

My life is an airport. There are always planes coming and going. If you don't leave early enough to get through the security and everything you have to go through like crowds you aren't going to get on the plane. Then you will have wasted your time getting up if you can't get another plane trip. The plane doesn't wait on you, it's your fault you should have been there earlier. You start running faster and faster then you finally see your gate but your plane is gone. My life is an airport because i am always having opportunities coming and going just like the planes. I have let a lot of opportunities pass me by because i thought i wouldn't really need that or want that, but i realize after i should have taken the chance. I have taken allot of opportunities for granite that i wish i hadn't. Don't make the mistake i did.
My last opportunity i took a chance on and i love where it took me, it took me here to Utah. My mom lost her job and it was really hard out there for us so she asked me if I would be happier in Utah. So i thought about it for a while and thought i should take this opportunity, it could be a new beginning and it was. It was a fresh start for us. On the down side I had to say goodbye to all my friends but my cousin was so hard it is still hard to be away from her. She is just like the sister I never had. We spent every waking minute together. When I was thinking i wasn't really thinking how hard it would be to say goodbye to her, and i didn't think it would be this hard, but it is. You will always see us texting each other or talking on the phone to each other. This opportunity is great but I had to sacrifice allot to be here, and I think, it would be so much different if a hadn't of taken the chance that brought me here.

2 comments:

Writer said...

I like the airport metaphor. I can totally relate to it. sometimes your flight is delayed, or you might just miss it. I liked that it was simple and to the point.
-Sydney Martinez

Writer said...

I agree...the airport metaphor was an original choice that helped explain your thoughts. I really enjoyed reading your work! Keep it up.

Remember: ALWAYS capitalize i's!! ( in school work) I I I I I

:) Ms. L