Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Family Foklore 2 Minutes too Far By Dario Jokic

Two minutes too far
By Dario Jokic

My name is Jake. I know, its a boring name, I figured my parents just got lazy, and name if after their favored fast food place “ Jake in the box”. So pretty much I considered my self as normal, slightly boring, teen, until
I was sitting with my friends and the prettiest girls in school Alex came up to me and said, with the prettiest voice ever “Move”. “What?” I said.
“Move as in go away”. She said. Therefore, I did. Then as thing could not get anymore worse the fattest and the toughest pig Bob came up to me and with his pitch voice I heard him say “Talking to my girl Jack”. “No I was jus…”Just talking to her” he interrupted me. Then out of the blue he tried to hit. However, he did not hit it his hand was just in the air frozen everything was frozen like a painting. Then for some strange reason I grabbed his hand and then time was ticking again in a hurry I punch in the stomach and he was on the ground in one second. Everyone was shocked that a kid like me could hurt take some as big as he. However, it was not were long unit it caught the attention of the principal.
The principal told me to come to his office after school. But for some reason when I came to his office, he was not there, instead it was some one called Mr. Crow. He said that had the same gifts as I, to stop reverse and fast forward into time. He asked me if I wanted to be apart of his alliances of assassin. “Listen boy,” he said, “we all have a different mark. You have the mark of the chosen one. See what happens is that all of us developed our powers in our early twenties, but you are different, you have developed your powers in early age.”
“What does that mean?” I replayed
“You are the one prophesy speaks of-The chosen one.”
Just I as thought I hade found the answer, things got more complicated. The man was wearing the black clock, making his face hard to see, suddenly at the blink of the eye, five more have appeared.” See we are, what we like to call “The elder times” the man said. He gave a choice to join. But the thought of killing some one, made me worried, I just could be able to do it, so I turned him down. I didn’t think my choice matter much, until he took off his clock and, show his angry face. He replied,”I don’t think you under stand, you don’t have a choice, only way to manage your gift, is to become one of us.” I surprised that this men wanted me to be apart of his team nobody ever chose me to be apart of their team. However I turned him down and walked away.
For the next two weeks I learned to control my powers I learned how to, reverse, forward, and stop time. Life became much simpler. For example, if I ever failed a test I would go back in time and mix my mistakes.
But the next day as I was walking down street to my house something weird happen one minute I was on my way home the next I was on the highway. But for some strange reason I could not move my body I was still. I heard a familiar voice say, “Now see what you made me do. If you only joined my alliance then I wouldn’t have to do this.” I then saw him as walked in front of me, it was Mr. Crow.
“Because you don’t want to join us I will have to kill you.” He said.
Then when he was done talking he let me go. Then I quickly got up and ran as fast as I could, but that did not stop him. He quickly restarted time. Then as I tried to run away a car missed by an inch. Then I saw why he got me to the highway it was because he wanted a car to hit me. However for every car that almost hit I would stop time to quickly get out of the away. However that still didn’t stop him kept trying to hit but he kept on missing with every try. I couldn’t take it anymore I saw a near by billboard so I quickly stop time and ran to it as soon as I as on the top of the billboard he was to. But I knew he was going to do this he fell into my trap. I pushed him off the billboard. Then he pulled out his gun and turn to shot me but missed. Then as I looked down I saw him just disappear.
As soon as I got down I found a note I read the note it said:
I can tell you how your dad is.
When I got home my mom was sitting on the coach asked how my day went but I did not answer her. “Mom who is my dad” I asked.
“Oh my I didn’t think it would come to this “she said. “Your dad is what they call an Elder time. You’re one to.” She said. “This is all I will tell and it’s off to bed, your dad is called Mr. Crow.”

1 comment:

Writer said...

Wow Dario. You have quite the imagination. It is very mysterious and has elements of science fiction. It looks like fiction is your thing!

Ms. L