Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Goodbye Poem by Danielle Johnson


Goodbye Poem:
Dedicated to: Robert Brain

I don’t know how and I don’t know why,
You left this world without saying goodbye.
You could have been famous for the work you’ve done
But you’ll always be a star in my eyes.
You were kind and creative and didn’t like kids,
But you had a place in your heart for me.


I remember the time that we played hangman together
And we went to the beach and laid out forever…
I remember on Thanksgiving Day,
You became a child again and played with your food.
I remember the last time I saw you,
In Puerto Vallarta we had dinner together.


I will never forget your creative mind,
Or your kindness to me.
Your ups and downs
And your ways of life.
I will never forget the fun we had in the sun
And the great time we had when the day was done.


I don’t know how and I don’t know why,
You left this world without saying goodbye.
But all I know is you left you left me with fond memories of you.
We both made impacts in each others lives,
I taught you how to become a child once again,
And you taught me what life meant.
I thank you for all you’ve done,
But I only wish you were not gone.

Love,
Danielle

No comments: