Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Good-bye poem- Caitlin B.

Goodbye

Im afraid I have to say,
goodbye today
For I am dying
Everyone knows it, there no point in lying

So I say good-bye to the light
That made the room so fun and bright
I also say good-bye to the dark
Always leaving its transparent mark

I am tired though I don’t sleep
I am hungry though I don’t eat
My mind refuses to believe
It then starts to trick and deceive

My arms are weak,
My hands numb
The slowing beat of my heart like a drum
Don’t know why im still holding on

The time ticks on, slow as ever
Its waiting to pull the lever
The Time is here
Through the shed of tears
I do not want to die
But I have to

The end has come
I don’t want it to be
Though I must be acceptant

For even in death may I be triumphant

No comments: