Future Fantasy
By: Danielle Johnson
It’s the year 2025, now I’m at the age of 30. I have one little girl named Grace and I’m married to a wonderful man named Eric Jones. Yes, that’s right I’m Danielle Jones now. It was hard to get used to at first but I got used to it and actually started to like it. We got married on May fifth of 2019. The reason we chose that date was because it was his grandmother Jackie’s birthday. He was extremely close to her and she basically raised him herself. We said our vows in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico on the beach in front of Maria Cortez. Maria Cortez is a B&B that I used to go to when I was younger. They didn’t allow any kids except for me. In November of 2008 my mom, nana, and I stayed there for Thanksgiving. For the reception we went inside Maria Cortez and had a cocktail party in the living room. There were people dancing and singing and having little sandwiches. It was the most fun I’ve had in a long time. I still look back on that day, it was my second favorite day of my life, the first being the birth of my daughter Grace Elaine Jones.
It was June 23, 2020 the same day as when my cousin Parker was born. She was the most beautiful person in the world, the first second I saw her I fell in love. Ever since I was a teenager I liked the name Grace, why I do not know. It just struck me as a pretty name and when I saw Grace, it just fit perfectly. Her middle name, Elaine, was chosen because that is my mother’s name. I wanted to have her name incorporated some how and that’s how it worked out. I think it’s the most beautiful name in the world. Now Grace is already five years old, it feels like the time has gone by so fast. It feels like yesterday she was only a month old. For her first birthday party it was horse theme, we rented ponies and had pony rides set up in our own backyard! All the kids were having so much fun some stayed and had a sleep over with Grace. For her first Halloween she wore the same costume I wore for my very first Halloween, a panda bear. It was the cutest thing in the world, my mom was so happy because she made it for me 29 years ago. It's hard to think that it has been 29 whole years since I was a baby and now I have a baby myself.
My husband of six years, Eric Jones, is a detective for the special victims unit. Although some days he's not home until late at night, he finds some way to make it up to Grace and I. He's 31 years old and has a degree in law. The college he attended was Harvard University, and I attended Princeton University. How we met is a real fantasy, my friend Courtney had a friend that she wanted to line me up with, and that friend of hers happened to be Eric. After 2 and a half years of dating he finally proposed, it was the most romantic thing in the world. He took me on a surprise trip to Paris, blindfolded, and took me to the arch de triumph. He took off my blindfold and voila, he got down on his knee and popped the question. It was the most romantic thing in the world, I will never forget the feeling of my heart skip a beat.
He was born and raised in Beverly Hills California and his mother was a famous actress during her time. Eric doesn't like me to mention her name to anyone, but all I'll say is that I loved her work when I was younger. His father was a popular singer and songwriter for many popular music artists. Now both his mother and father are retired, since they both have enough money for 3 generations to live on. You might think I married him for his money and not for love, but I genuinely love him to high heavens. He is the kindest ,sweetest, and funniest man you'll ever meet in your entire life.
Before Grace I was a writer for people magazine and traveled all around the world. Although I am a mother, I'm still writing for my own pleasure. I've started writing a teen comedy book, when I was in my teens I enjoyed books of this genre. I work on it everyday for an hour while Grace takes her nap at about noon when it's completely silent.
We have more than one child, well we have 3 hairy children. Don't be alarmed, I'm talking about 3 dogs. We have a standard Poodle named Molly, a Brussels Griffon named Russell, and a Maltese named Benny. All of them are part of our family and there just like my family. Oops, Grace woke up, I have to leave you for now, but I'll be back soon
When Should I Repot My Fiddle Leaf Fig
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment