
FAMILY FOLKLORE
By: Jacqueline Soweidan
We finally arrived to California! We where on a long, long drive, twelve hours! I was about to hurt everyone one in the car, I was so sick of them! It was all fine now though, we where in Long Beach, California! We where one day away from getting on the cruise! I couldn’t sleep that night I was so excited, nether could my brothers they where up all night playing that stupid game boy!
I finally fell asleep around five in the morning! I couldn’t wait to get on the gigantic ship! We where on our way to the dock where the ship was! My brothers could not stay still, they where so jittery! I was jittery myself! My parents where getting so frustrated with us, but we didn’t care where so excited! Ten more minutes, I kept telling myself calm down we’re almost there, just hold it in!
We where there! I was jumping up and down screaming, my friend that went with us was looking at me like I was from outer space! I asked him “what your not excited?” he just looked at me like I was from outer space still! Let me tell you about my brothers they where worse then me! Sammy was running around in the parking lot my mom kept yelling at him to come back or he will get hit by a car! He didn’t listen, surprise, surprise. Ali was scared the ship would sink but he was still excited! My parents couldn’t handle it anymore, but then they where excited themselves!
We where waiting in line for security to check us! I was about to freak out when I saw the line! It was as long as a never ending rainbow! I am not a very patient person! I kept getting mad at everyone! The security guards where so mean too, we where almost to the front of the line and I couldn’t wait anymore.
We got on the ship! Everyone one went there separate ways, but we all agreed to be at the cabin at six thirty to go to dinner. I didn’t have a watch so I had no idea how I was going to know what time it was. I figured I would just guess, I didn’t care I was on a cruise! My friend and I met up to go explore what there was to do. My brothers went with each other to see what they could do and so did my parents.
My friend and I went to get our swimming suits on to go swimming! We jumped in to the pool! I was about to scream on how cold it was, I was blue! I got out as fast as I could and ran to grab my towel! My mom saw me and started laughing she asked me what was wrong. I told her how the pool was freezing cold and she just kept laughing and laughing, I thought that that was quite rood of her. I just walked away, to go in the sun to dry off, I was looking over the edge of the ship. I saw these things swimming in the ocean and I quickly got my mom to see what they where. She said with excitement “There dolphins!” I jumped up and down and then my whole family came over to see them! I will never for get that day. I will always remember it because of those very beautiful dolphins where jumping up and down too!
3 comments:
Hello Jackie! I really enjoyed your descriptive writing. It was just a blast to read. I felt like I was there with you. You are awesome and we should go on a trip together some day. LOL TTYL gurlfriend!
Sincerely,
Danielle
this story of yours was great i look forward to your other storys it was great.
Well done! I'm jealous you got to go on such a fun vacation! Keep up the great imagery and descriptions.
Ms. L
Post a Comment