Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Future Fantasy by Orenda Williams

In twenty five years, I’ll be working on designing a website for a large company, drinking coffee to try and finish the huge project by the end of the week. My profession will be computer and web design. My work is famous and many people try to get me to do commissions. My yearly income is steady and high enough that I’m able to go to veterinary school part time, so that I can volunteer at the local humane center. One of my goals is to help animals be able to find happy homes and live longer, healthy lives. Past my work life, my hobbies are drawing, painting, sculpting, guitar, screaming, and my child.

My child is one of the most important aspects of my life. I hope to have only one or two, preferably one boy and one girl. In just a few days, I’ll be painting their faces and taking them around our neighborhood for candy. My partner works as a professional photographer or writer. We never got married, and never plan to. Him and I are both very idealistic, and hope to raise our kids the same way. Due to my job, which is very flexible as long as I can get a project done by a deadline, I am able to home school my children. I saved up through college with my partner and we built a large house five years ago. It’s a beautiful home, with a decent back yard and a small pool. It’s three floors, with a finished basement, and we put lots of hours into perfecting the blueprints and designs for it. It’s the house I always wished for.

My mom has also come to live with us. We try to get her to do activities to keep her up and about, and to keep her relaxed. I hope she’s not stressing about anything now. She brought Moscow and Ninja with her, her two favorite persian cats. They are absolutely adorable, and they get along great with Mao Mao, Sweden, and our new kitten. The years haven’t been terribly kind to my mom, and I hope that I can make up for it now. I’m doing everything I can to make sure she’s comfortable and pampered.

All through college, I tried my hardest to keep in touch with my best friends, Alexis Godfrey, Andrea Jolly, and Kelsey Haydock. Unfortunately, we did lose touch. They all went off to college and are living their lives, however I just looked all of them up and sent out e-mails and letters to them, asking to get in touch. I hope that they are all living happily now. I just want to know so badly how they are and what they are up to. Did Kelsey finally become a dentist, or did she drop out? Is Andrea living as a beautician or professional cook? Has Alexis finally found the guy for her? Is she married?

My life isn’t perfect, but it’s better then I believed it would be.

No comments: