Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My Future Fantasy

I just got back from the stadium. Dodger Stadium, I play second base for the Los Angeles Dodgers. I bat leadoff, and have the best average in the Major League. We just beat our rivals the Giants. If we win 10 out of our last twenty games we will make the playoffs. I lead the major league in hits. We just left the locker room, and are getting interviewed. They asked me if the dodgers will make the playoffs, and I said for sure we will make it. That night I got a good night of sleep and headed to dodger stadium around noon to get ready to play the giants. The game started at five thirty California time. We started out by going in the locker room and changing into our baseball gear. After we were done, we went onto the field, still no one there. We started for stretching for about 30 minutes. After that we took batting practice. 100 pitches each. That took awhile, but it helps us hit in the game. It was about an two hours till game time. There was a couple of fans starting to show up. Then we started to warm up are arms. I was throwing with the first baseman Bo Shipley. After we warmed up Pablo the pitcher started to warm up with the catcher. It was know only thirty minutes till game time. We went to the locker room, and Talked over are game plan. After that we put are jerseys on. Ten minutes till game time, we took the field and took grounders, and fly balls. As we warmed up the crowd was going crazy. Derek Lowe was on the mound, and Russell Martin was behind the plate catching. The game has now started, the first pitch was a strike right on the outside corner. The second pitch, was a groundball hit right to me, I fielded it cleanly and threw him out at first. Right after I saw the umpire say out the crowd cheered, saying nice play, and great arm. The next batter was Pedro Feliz. He is known for his great fielding abilities. First pitch was a ball, then 3 more balls after that, so Pedro was on first base. The next batter was Barry Bonds. He has the all time record for Homeruns. The first pitch was a fastball right down the middle. Boom homerun, no no wait foul ball. Pheew that was a close one. The next pitch was a low changeup, he hit it right to me. I fielded it and threw it to the shortstop Rafael Furcal, he touched second base and then threw it to first for the double play. We got out of the inning thank you. I was the leadoff pitcher. Jason Schmidt was pitching. He is known for his fastball. The first pitch of the game was a fastball right down the middle, I wasn’t going to miss this chance. I ripped it over the left field fence for a homerun. The crowd went crazy. Unfortunately, that’s the only run we got in that inning. The next inning Barry Bonds got up again, and hit a homerun. So the score was one to one. The score stayed like that till the bottom of the ninth inning. It started off with the ninth hitter Blake Dewitt. He grounded out. Then the pitcher struck out, so it was all up to me to start the inning. The first pitch was a strike. The second pitch was a strike. I was down 0-2. The next three pitches were balls so it was full count. Here comes the pitch, I fouled it off. Here comes the next pitch crack the sound of the bat, as the ball flew off the bat over the left field fence for the second homerun in my game. The game was over I won it all for the dodgers. That’s just one night of excitement that my job is going to be like. That’s my fantasy.

No comments: