Thursday, October 9, 2008

Simile Sensation by Danielle Johnson


Simile Sensation


Some people think of life like a box of chocolates, some a football game. Everyone has different opinions and outlooks on life but life is like the seasons. Fall to winter life can be good to bad. Summer can be cold instead of hot at times. Everyone likes things to stay the same, but it’s always nice to have a change every once in a while.


The first time that I ever broke a bone

When I broke my first bone in my body was when I was only at the age of 8. This is a long story but I’ll start from the beginning. I love all types of animals but what interested me was horse back riding. My mom found the number of a highly recommended horse back riding school. We decided to go check it out and get some information on the classes and the horses.



My mom and I decided to start classes there. I English rode for about 2 years and fell in love with it. I even almost considered going into competitions and getting my own horse to take care of and practice with. When ever I would ride on a horse it felt like all my stress and worries were just washed away.



So one regular day I had a horse riding class to go to that afternoon after school. When we arrived to the stables I hopped out of the car and went right in the arena. My teacher Chrystal just finished a ride on her own horse when I went to through the door. I walked up to her and said “WOW! That horse is really really BIG!!” but my teacher wanted to prove me wrong and insisted for me to get on top of the horse without a saddle. Now people that know how to ride horses know that you need a saddle on your horse in order to ride it properly.


Since she was the teacher I thought it would be okay to hop right on the horse. I was too short to get on myself so Chrystal helped me up. While she was pushing me up, by my feet someone happened to call her name and she pushed me over to the opposite side of the horse. It felt like the longest fall in my life. It was like going in slow motion, almost as if everyone in the world stopped what they were doing to see me fall. I used my right arm to try and stop myself from falling flat on my head and breaking my neck, but instead I buckled my arm.

Chrystal came to see what happened and took me out to my mom, who was still out front. It felt like my arm broke as easily as a wishbone. I was crying a river by the time I came out to my mom. She saw me crying and jumped out of the car wondering what happened and how. She wasn’t too surprised because in the past I had sprained my ankles. My mom decided to take me home, give me some advil, and let me rest. Because it would be a little difficult to ride a horse with a broken arm.After about 10 or 15 minutes of resting I felt a lot better and didn’t think I needed to go to the doctor, so we didn’t.


We didn’t go to the doctor for about a week or a week and a half. It kept bothering me so my mom wanted to go to the doctor to make sure it was okay. We got x-rays on my arm and they told us that my wrist had a buckle fracture. They put a pink cast on it and told me to keep it on for about 2 weeks. I was so excited to have on a cast and had everyone and anyone sign it, for memory sake. It was difficult to have on and after a while I had gotten sick of it. When I slept it was like sleeping on an scratchy rock and it was extremely itchy.

After the two weeks were over I went back to the doctor and finally he took it off with a piece of equiptment that was like a saw of some sort. I can still remember the terrible high pitched noise it made, it sounded surprisingly like a dying animal. When we were finished my arm was dry and wrinkly it looked like my arm turned into a Sharpay.


Since then I have broken my left arm, my right ankle, sprained both of my ankles an uncountable amount of times, and chipped my tailbone 2 times. I’ve had a lot of experience in breaking bones in my body, I’m the one you can come to if you have any questions. Although I loved riding horses for that short period of time I stopped riding when I broke my arm. I turned to dancing and tried all different types because someday I want to be on So You Think You Can Dance.

No comments: