Simile Sensation
Life is like a kids Halloween bag, full of candy
By: Jacqueline Soweidan
Life is like a kids Halloween bag, full of candy. You don’t always know what you going to get, you may get something sour or something sweet. We have our good times in life and our bad times. Just like our milk chocolate and our dark chocolate. We don’t always know what kind of candy we’ll get out of our candy bag, but we hope for the best. We hope the candy givers give us some sweet candy, just like we hope our family and friends give some good times to remember.
This summer I was eating some wonderful milk chocolate but then at the end of my candy bar there was a big bite of dark chocolate. For my summer vacation I was in Lebanon for five weeks. I had a wonderful time, until we got back. We got back on august twelfth at around three in the morning. We had so many missed calls and messages on our home phone. My mom and me where listening to them. There was this one missed call that changed our lives. The message said “Hi April we are making a good bye banner for Alissa. We where wondering if Sammy wanted to come and sign it, I know you where friends with her mom and wondered if you knew anyone else to call to sign the banner.”
My mom and I looked at each other wondering what she was talking about, we where wondering if they moved or if she went to live with her dad. My mom went and looked it up on Google. There was an article on a newspaper sight. The title said three members of a Murray family where killed in a car accident. I had babysa
t Alissa and her older brother. We where balling when we read the article. She died along with her brother and her step dad. The next day came. We went over to there house. Her mom was sitting outside and Mark was playing with his cousins. We went and told Chris (there mom) she was sitting out side thinking. I wish I would have never opened that candy bar. We got out of the car and gave her a hug and told her we where sorry. It was very hard being there, I had memories of babysitting Alissa it was hard not to cry.
We sat there and talked about how we never thought this would happen and about the accident. We all where crying, my brothers where playing with Mark. I kept on eating my chocolate bar, I wish I never would have opened it now I can’t through it away. I wished I would have been able to go to there funeral but I didn’t know about it until we got back form our vacation, and at that time it was to late.
We still are very close with Chris and Mark. We miss them a lot and wish they where here. My candy bag had to have some bad candy. We all want our sweet candy and never the dark chocolate. I had a dark chocolate and it was very tough, but we just keep hoping for the best!
No comments:
Post a Comment