My Family Folklore By:Danielle Johnson
One summer day in 2001 my Mom, Nana, 3 cousins, Uncle and Aunt and my half cousin arrived at lagoon at about noon. We bought our tickets and entered the golden gates of Lagoon. It was an awe-inspiring site full of rides and people of all sizes. The eight of us were trying to decide where we should go first. Some wanted to eat at subway and get some sandwiches, some wanted to go on the Pirate Ship ride, but we all decided to start at Dracula’s castle.
As we were waiting in line for 700 hours we decided to have a person in the group go to subway and get us some treats. My Aunt got us 10 gallon Coca-cola flavored icees and some cookies that were at least 34 inches around. Finally after we got in the car for our trip in Dracula’s Castle we started hearing at least 70 screams. Everyone in our group started getting really nervous and I wanted to get out of the ride like how a lobster wants to get out of a pot of boiling water. Our car started and the first thing we saw was a creature that I’ve never seen in my life. There was no way to describe it, only that it had red eyes and about 5 pounds of hair. The rest of the creatures in the ride weren’t scary at all. They were all the usual, Dracula of course, Frankenstein, skeletons, and a few mummies here and there.
When out of the ride we all started heading for the Pirate Ship ride. This line was different than the one before, we only waited for one second. First it started out slow and low to the ground but in a blink of an eye we were as high as the eagles fly. The sights of the mountains were the most beautiful thing on earth. It moved as fast as lightning my hair was blowing in the wind although it was frightening at first it was actually a lot of fun. After 2 hours the ride of speed was finally over.
We all wanted to go to the wet and wild ride of the amusement park, Rattlesnake Rapids. On the way there I was walking right next to my mom when all of a sudden a woman close to me ran into a tree with a bee hive as big as a sasquatch attached to it. A swarm of at least 700 bees came flying out and the biggest one of all came directly towards my face. That bee was at least 40 feet long 20 pounds and his stinger was 50 feet long. Where he stung me is the worst place to ever get stung by a bee that big, in the eye. We rushed right to the first aid building near the entrance with me crying a river in my mom’s arms. The paramedics pulled out the stinger and applied some bee sting medicine on it to calm the puffiness of the wound. After a few quick moments I felt a hundred times better and felt up to stay at Lagoon and go on some great rides.
After going on over 40 rides we were finally ready to head home. We all had such an amazing time while we were there although I did get stung by that frightening bee. Before we left however I went to the exact spot that I was stung and picked up the now dead bee placed it in a plastic baggie I found on the ground and took it home. You might be strange to you that I kept the bee that stung me but it reminds me of that magnificent day at Lagoon.
One summer day in 2001 my Mom, Nana, 3 cousins, Uncle and Aunt and my half cousin arrived at lagoon at about noon. We bought our tickets and entered the golden gates of Lagoon. It was an awe-inspiring site full of rides and people of all sizes. The eight of us were trying to decide where we should go first. Some wanted to eat at subway and get some sandwiches, some wanted to go on the Pirate Ship ride, but we all decided to start at Dracula’s castle.
As we were waiting in line for 700 hours we decided to have a person in the group go to subway and get us some treats. My Aunt got us 10 gallon Coca-cola flavored icees and some cookies that were at least 34 inches around. Finally after we got in the car for our trip in Dracula’s Castle we started hearing at least 70 screams. Everyone in our group started getting really nervous and I wanted to get out of the ride like how a lobster wants to get out of a pot of boiling water. Our car started and the first thing we saw was a creature that I’ve never seen in my life. There was no way to describe it, only that it had red eyes and about 5 pounds of hair. The rest of the creatures in the ride weren’t scary at all. They were all the usual, Dracula of course, Frankenstein, skeletons, and a few mummies here and there.
When out of the ride we all started heading for the Pirate Ship ride. This line was different than the one before, we only waited for one second. First it started out slow and low to the ground but in a blink of an eye we were as high as the eagles fly. The sights of the mountains were the most beautiful thing on earth. It moved as fast as lightning my hair was blowing in the wind although it was frightening at first it was actually a lot of fun. After 2 hours the ride of speed was finally over.
We all wanted to go to the wet and wild ride of the amusement park, Rattlesnake Rapids. On the way there I was walking right next to my mom when all of a sudden a woman close to me ran into a tree with a bee hive as big as a sasquatch attached to it. A swarm of at least 700 bees came flying out and the biggest one of all came directly towards my face. That bee was at least 40 feet long 20 pounds and his stinger was 50 feet long. Where he stung me is the worst place to ever get stung by a bee that big, in the eye. We rushed right to the first aid building near the entrance with me crying a river in my mom’s arms. The paramedics pulled out the stinger and applied some bee sting medicine on it to calm the puffiness of the wound. After a few quick moments I felt a hundred times better and felt up to stay at Lagoon and go on some great rides.
After going on over 40 rides we were finally ready to head home. We all had such an amazing time while we were there although I did get stung by that frightening bee. Before we left however I went to the exact spot that I was stung and picked up the now dead bee placed it in a plastic baggie I found on the ground and took it home. You might be strange to you that I kept the bee that stung me but it reminds me of that magnificent day at Lagoon.
3 comments:
I liked your story it was very good. It sounded like a way fun trip!
Hey Danielle its me again! I read your whole story I liked the picture at the top it was very cool.
Dude that was the most exciting thing i have read this whole year.
Court Adams
Post a Comment