Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Getting to Know You by Alex Buchanan

The song that I chose and the one that realates to me is Hanging by a Moment by lifehouse. This song relates to me because, one of the many meanings behind it, is just to forget your past and give everything you have to the future. It also relates to me because when I listen to it I know that my friends will always be there for me. When I am sad, something about this song just helps me and cheers me up. When I am in a good mood it just makes me feel good. Music is a great way to cheer you up and make you feel good.

Quinne agrees with this, the song that she chose was Far Away by Nickleback. The reason that she chose this song is because she really likes it and they played it at her cousins funeral. Her favorite line is "Cause with you, I'd withstand, all of hell to hold your hand." This line means a lot to her because she really likes it and the meaning behind it. Whenever she hears this song she thinks of her cousin who's funeral they played the song at. She feels many mixed emotions when she listens to this song, it makes her feel happy but also sad at the same time.

Music is a great way to set your mood. It is a way yo express the way you feel, it can also help you get excited or just calm down. The songs that me and Quinne chose were both rock songs. We chose them because they made us feel happy and they were great songs to describe emotions from. Both of our songs talked about letting go of the past and just giving everything to the future. Another meaning in the songs is knowing that you have a good friend and that they would always be there for you. Without music expressing yourself would be very difficult!

No comments: