Friday, February 6, 2009

"A Snapshot of Me" by Edelweiss Torres

It was Christmas Eve, December 24, 1996. I was an only child at the time. I just an eager short, little girl, and wanted to open my presents! I remember the big, huge tree behind me. and the ornaments on the tree. I remember a big, red present sitting on the right. I wanted to open it first, but my mom said I should open that one last. On the right of the red present is the dark blue couch, with some plastic wrap from the present that I opened in the picture.

I remember sitting there staring at my presents and trying to open them when my parents weren't looking. I obviously got caught several times, so my mom had to keep her eye on me until it was time to open presents. Finally the time came. I ripped open the present. I screamed. I got a 'cleaning set'. It came with a pink vaccum, a pink broom, a pink dust pan, and a purple mop, and an apron. This present was perfect for me. I loved helping my mom clean around the house. Even though the vaccum, broom, etc. were toys, I felt like I was doing the real deal.

In the picture i'm standing right in front of the christmas tree. I have my little red and yellow apron around my waist, I have the vaccum in my right hand. The broom was in my left hand. It was in the mid air as I held it. The dust pan was on the floor, and the mop was laying by the box it all came in. As my mom was taking the picture I had the biggest smile on my face. This really was a great present for me.

No comments: