Thursday, February 12, 2009

"Metaphor Moment" by Nicholas Peterson

Life is a board game because you always have to take chances. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. You have to take chances and risks to win or come close to winning. You have to do things that are hard but you can always get through them even when it seems impossible to finish or you are stuck but there is always a way out even if it makes you do something that you don't think you can do. When you succeed it's an amazing feeling and you know that you accomplished something.

When I moved to Riverton I didn't know that my parents were making a good decision because I had so many friends in West Jordan. They told me that sometimes in life you have to have change and make some new friends. When we first moved I was bored, alone, and did things by my self until a neighbor of mine that helped us move in came over and asked if I could hang out. I did and until this day he has become one of my best friends and we still talk and hang out.

When we moved we were taking a big risk whether it was good or bad we didn't know until later. At first I thought that it was a bad because of all of the friends that I had lost and probably wouldn't see for a very long time. I was stuck with nothing to do until my neighbor helped me out and got going again. Now I think that it was one of the best experiences of my whole life and I'm glad that we did move.

No comments: