Have you ever had a day where you want to just break down and cry your eyes out? I have had those days every now and then. But there is always a song that I can turn to that can sometimes make it better. It is called Your Guardian Angel by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. This song means so much to me because it reminds me of my friends and family.
My favorite verse in this song goes like this:
I will never let you fall
I'll stand up with you forever
I'll be there for you through it all
Even if savin' you sends me to heaven
One of my best friends, Madi Muir, chose the song 99 Red Balloons by Goldfinger because when she listens to it, she can't help but to smile. It reminds her of her friends and gives her a good connection to them. I kind of like this song myself... Her favorite verse in this song is:
Ninety-nine dreams I have had
And every one a red balloon
It's all over and I'm standing pretty
In the dust that was a city
I could find a souvenir
Just to prove the world was here
Here it is, a red balloon
I think of you and let it go
These two songs are alike and different in many different ways. They both are the same genre, which is alternative rock. That is about the only similarity that they have. Music can mean so many different things to so many different people. To some it can be something that just passes time. To others it's a lifestyle. They eat, breath, and sleep music. But then there are the people like me... who listens to music almost every second of every day. Music to me is one of the most important things in the American culture today. There are so many different types of music also. There is rock, country, pop, hip-hop, techno, alternative, or even polka! I'm more into the rock and alternative type of music. I like this music because it has a meaning behind it. If you listen to a song, or look at the lyrics to that particular song, it can mean so much more than it's saying. For example, in my song when says:
"Even if savin' you sends me to heaven"
This can say that someone would give their own life for someone else. It can also prove love and compassion. If someone didn't love or care for you, they most likely wouldn't jump in front of a bullet for you... would they? So next time that you're listening to your favorite song, think about the lyrics a litte more than you normally do. What is your song telling you?
When Should I Repot My Fiddle Leaf Fig
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment