Thursday, February 12, 2009

"Metaphor Madness" by Edelweiss Torres

Life is like a Rubik's Cube. It takes time to understand and solve. Just like life. Sometimes you get close to solving it, then you make a mistake and you have to go back and fix your mistake or start all over again. When you solve the Rubik's Cube you feel like you acheived something hard, and confusing.



When I was in sixth grade I had to choose which jr. high I wanted to attend. At the time I was in Granite School District because I moved from Murray School District. I had to choose between Hillcrest Jr. High, and Eisenhower Jr. High. My mom wanted me to go to Hillcrest because she thought it was a better school than Eisenhower. But she left it up to me to decide. I wanted to choose Eisenhower to be with the new friends I made in elementary. But then I wanted to pick Hillcrest to be with my old friends that I made in elementary before I moved. I could also make new friends at Hillcrest too. Eisenhower doesn't have a very good reputation, but in the end I chose Hillcrest Jr. High.

This metaphor ties into the story like this, I had to decide which jr. high i wanted to go to. Just like a Rubik's Cube. You have to decide how your going to solve it to eventually succeed in solving it. When solving the Rubik's Cube you sometimes make a mistake, however I didn't make a mistake in my situation.


No comments: