Thursday, February 12, 2009

Metaphor Madness! By:Silvana Huerta

Life is a series of books. There's adventures, comedies, horrors, and love stories. Every book has different characters that all feel different emotion. They still somehow all have a connection. In every story, there's a problem that includes many people. The writer puts so much emotion and care into their words, that you can feel what their hearts are truly feeling. Sometimes you'll find that there's a tear on one of your pages in your book. How it got there, no one knows. There may be parts of your book that are complete nail biters. You don't know what's going to happen next, and the suspense is killing you! You want to keep and keep on reading to find out what happens next, but suddenly the book comes to an end, the end of another day. The first book has left you with questions and questions, but no answers. No one is ever going to know how the situation turned out unless they do something about it, and buy the sequel.

There once was a time in my life when I was having a really rough day, and I needed to do something about it. I didn't want to tell someone about it, because they wouldn't understand. I felt like I was alone in the world, and no one had any idea what I was going through. I had a lot on my mind, and I was going through different emotions. I needed a place where I could just jot down all my thoughts. I felt like my head was a dictionary. I had tons and tons of things on my mind, and I didn't know what some of them meant. If my mind wasn't wandering of about one problem, it was wondering of about another problem. I had to many emotions and information mixed together haunting me nonstop. Why were there so many problems in life? Like love, family, friends, and school? At that specific moment I completely broke down, and the water works started. Was there anyone that could ever understand my feelings and me?

I had to buy the sequel to MY book. I needed to do something about my problems. I couldn't just keep on bottling them up inside of me. I was just waiting for something to help me, a sign. In my English class, we were reading Anne Frank the Diary Of A Young Girl, there was my sign. Anne completely poured her heart out into her diary, and she wrote everything she felt. I decided to start my own diary, little did I know that was going to be my life changing experience. Now whenever I feel like no one understands me, or I have to many emotions inside of me, I just start to write in my diary. I still have my diary today, and I try to write in it everyday. Now when I look back on some of my previous diary entries, I read a different book every day. One day I'll read about my love story, and the next day I read my comedies! Life truly is a series of books.

No comments: