Friday, February 6, 2009

"A Snapshot of Me" by Kelsey Haydock

Total fear is all I remember from this photo. When we were sheering the sheep for my 4-H club assinment one of the sheep were chained onto a table. ( Their necks, no sheep are harmed by doing this.) I was the one sheering the sheep and it didn't like what we were doing. It was jumping up and down and eventually fell off the table. Everyone started to panic. The sheep was chocking. We couldn't lower the headrest because it was screwed in to tight. We also had a hard time to get the chain off. My heart was pounding. We got the sheep off the table and she was safe.

The farm that we were working at was in a friendly neighborhood. (I know this because I live next door to the farm up until a year ago.) In the picture the farm was really dirty at the time. there was WD40 on the ground next to me because we need to use it on the sheers every so often. There were hoses everywhere, and a old wickety fence. The barn is old and there are weeds everywhere. There are tons of trees and cars. The only bad thing about the neighborhood is that it was always crouded with cars.

I am wearing a purple tank-top and blue jeans. This picture was taken in the summer so it was farly hot. My hair is long so it is in my face and I didn't bother to put my hair up with the ponytail holder I have on my right wrist. In this picture all I feel is vibrations going up and down my arm, and all I can hear is the ringing of the sheers. 4-H is a fun experiance and I hope I have many more memories from 4-H in the years to come.

No comments: