Wednesday, February 4, 2009

" A Snapshot of Me" Nicholas Peterson

I remember this game quite well. It was my third season of lacrosse that I had played. If I remember right it was the first or second game of the season. My coach told me (right) that it was my time to face off. I had only done this a few times because I was one of the younger players on the team. Most of my team was a year older than me so I didn't get as much playing time as I wanted to so for me this was an exciting time. In the photo we were waiting for the official to let us start, I was pumped.

My coach (back) gave me a nod telling me that I needed to win this because the score was tied and we needed to win because this wasn't a rec league this was comp. We could not aford to loose this game. I gripped my lacrosse stick tight as I knealed to the ground. My heart was pounding faster and faster. The whistle blew and I went for the ball. I picked it up and ran with it. I had won, I really did it. I knew that on this sunny day that I had helped my team get a victory.

At the end of the game I took off my helmet and wiped the sweat off my brow. As I got to my parents They gave me a hug and congratulated me on my victory. This picture reminds me of a great day in my life. This picture of me before my victory is one of my favorite pictures. I have had many experiences like this one that I enjoy too but have not been photographed.

No comments: