Wednesday, February 4, 2009

"A Snapshot Of Me" By:Silvana Huerta

The Super Singer

It was the best time of the year, the end of the year. It was going to be a brand new year, 2005! I remember being super excited! My parents had thrown a big party at our house to celebrate the coming new year. Then the clock started ticking to midnight. 5.....4.....3.....2......1! Happy 2005! Streamers were flying everywhere as well as confetti. Everyone was screaming and hugging each other, and wishing one another an amazing new year.

I remember being really pumped up and energetic. Nothing could stop me. I suddenly got an amazing idea. I had always had a passion for singing, and I still do. So I ran to my room, and grabbed my karaoke stereo. I was very confident of my voice, and I knew I was obviously the BEST singer in the room. I casually walked to the middle of the room, as everyone watched me with confused expressions. I was very confident right at that moment. I had on a beautiful dark blue dress and my hair was straightened to fit my face in a perfect bob. I took a deep breath and began singing!

I started singing "We Wish You A Merry Christmas!" I walked across the room as I danced and sang my hardest. To me, I was the life of the party. I was the most amazing person everyone had ever seen. I was going to get signed with Hollywood Records one day! At first, everyone just stared and looked at me strangely. Still, I didn't care, to me they were all just jealous. Apparently to the my mom, I was embarrassing myself badly! So she came with me to the middle of the room and started dancing, and singing as well!

My mom tells me this story all the time. She tells me how everyone was staring at me like I was crazy! How weird, something completely different was going through my mind! To me, I thought I was amazing! I thought that everyone stared at me, because they thought I was the next American Idol! I thought they stared, because they were in awe by my stardom! Apparently I was making a huge fool of myself, but to me, I was amazing! I was the next American Idol! I was The Super Singer!

No comments: