Thursday, February 12, 2009

"Metaphor Moment" by Andres Carrasquillo

Life Is
By: The Ace






(Verse 1)
Life is a bird.
It's singing can't be explained by words.
More beautiful than anything you've ever heard.
Like newborn chicks, we're put to the test,
but some of us are scared, so we stay at the nest and rest.
Nobody knows who's the best.
To figure it out, it's harder than a blow to the chest.
Just like birds we cry.
The breeze blows by.
If we try, our fears will die.
So, everybody sprout your wings and fly.


(Verse 2)
Opened my eyes, I was only half awake.
100% awake, when I smelled the baking cake.
Almost forgot, my age was evolving that day.
I was up in a flash, there was no time to play.
Greeted with applause. I was hugged, I was kissed.
About 5 letters showing how much I was missed.
One was from my uncle, whom I truly adore.
Had a picture of him on the beach, amazing sun and the shore.
So much love in the air as I read his letter.
At that moment, nothing else could be better.
My mom said,"Get ready, we're about head out."
So we got to Laser Mountain and my sister said,"Shout!"
After a round or two, my mother received a Puerto Rico call.
Her reaction and expression, revealed and explained all.
It was horrible, everybody started to panic.
All you saw people running, the noise was ecstatic.
Tears drew to my eyes, my vision was hazy.
Couldn't comprehend my uncle was now pushing up daisies.


(Verse 3)
That was the worst day of life. I was hurt, I was broke.
I thought I could have sang like the birds, instead I was choked.
No one expected this to happen; no one saw it coming.
Like the bluebirds on the trees, but nobody was humming.
In the beginning, I was flying as high as a hawk.
Then just a vulture, picking at my body's heart lock.
See, that lock broke. Everybody could see my true self.
At that time, I was chick wanting to fly with no help.
So, I'm falling. I didn't care, because my heart was broken.
Even if I tried, I'd still die. My wings were completely frozen.











No comments: