I remember how scared I was that day at my competition. It was our second competition of the year and i wasn't very prepared. Earlier on in the year I had always watched Shawn Johnson and Nastia Liukin on the computer or on the TV. I was very inspired by them being in the Olympics and for each of them getting a gold metal. Every time I watch them they give me the chills and it makes me want to be as good as them one day. They are my heroes and I hope one day I can meet them.
The skill that I am doing in this picture is called a back hand spring, back lay out or a flick lay. It's one of the scariest and hardest things that I do in my beam routine. I was so determined to stick it and not fall off. After flying through the air and trying to find the beam i finally stuck it. The crowd went wild because I have always had trouble sticking that skill. I was so proud of myself that i had the biggest grin on my face.I am always going to remember this moment. It's amazing to think that I can tumble on a beam that is only four inches wide and stick it. I was so proud of myself for sticking that skill. It was nice to know after nine years of hard work and going to gymnastics for four hours five days a week has paid off. Some people may think that it's hard to be this dedicated but i love it. I will someday try to be an Olympic gymnast and win a gold medal!
1 comment:
oh my gosh savanna im gonna watch the olympics every 4 years just so i can see you do your routines
Post a Comment