Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Getting to know you by Nyoun Benj

When you're getting to know someone, you probably look at their sense of style, or how they speak. Have you ever try to get to know someone by the type of music they listen to? Well I interviewed my friend Dalton, the song he liked is by Grace Kelly, as I read through the lyrics, it was a very happy song, happy words, which really shows his personality, he's always happy, he's outgoing and fun, the song that he chose really showed his personality.

I chose the the song Jesus take the Wheel by Carrie Underwood, the reason why I chose this song is because I'm a very religious person, so it tells a story about a girl who was in trouble, and she prayed, and everything turned out to be fine. This song is important to me, because this girl didn't go to church, but she knew about God, because before she got married and moved out, she went to church with her parents. So she was driving one Christmas Eve going back home to see her parents, it had been a very stress full year for her, she had all lot on her mind, and she was driving really fast, before she knew she was spinning on a thin black sheet if glass. She didn't think twice, she let go of the wheel and started praying. So the car then came to a stop, she looked back, and saw her baby sleeping like a rock, she was very amazed how much God did in so little time, he saved both her and her baby's life.

I believe that God can do that, because my cousin, she got into a big car accident, she drives a little car, she was turning on 4500s and St, and there was a big dodge speeding down the road, the man ran the red light, and crashed my cousins car really bad, the man in the truck was bawling, he thought he killed my cousin, her car was horribly damaged. When the ambulance came, they thought she wasn't going to make it, but come to find out, she was just fine, she was experiencing a whip plash. Thank God she made it through that horrible, horrible accident.

Dalton and I obviously have different taste in music, my music is like religious, and Dalton's is like happy music. So the thing we have in common is the fact that their both happy music. Second thing that our songs have in common is that it has the same affect on us and stuff. The difference has to be the genre, his is Rock, mine is Country.

No comments: