Friday, February 13, 2009

"Metaphor Madness" by Kasie Drown

Life is a violin.......



Life is a violin. In life we have sharps, flats, and naturals that spread throughout our lives. Just as a scale goes up and down we have moments in our lives that go up and down and sometimes we get lost. Music has rests in it to give the player a break or to go into another section of the piece. There are moments in our lives when we take a rest from the world and we can be confused, scared, or happy about the rest in our lives. If you make a mistake while playing or practicing it can sound bad just as you do in life. If you get lost while playing a violin piece you just hope back in as soon as possible. In life if you get lost or do something bad you just have to get back up and keep trying.



Last year in November my grandfather past away. This experience has been one of the worsts that I have had in my life. My Grandfather has lived with me almost my entire life except for about three years. He has always been like a second dad to me and when he past away it kind of felt like my dad was leaving and never coming back. I have wonderful memories with him and I cherrish every loving moment to the down right humiliating ones. Having my grandfather die was horrible I felt, sad, alone, and all I ever wanted to do was cry.




As I said before while playing a violin you go up and down scales to warm up. In life we all have our ups and downs. The story I mentioned before is one of my major downs in my life. That story is an example of how my life is like playing a violin scale.

No comments: