Wednesday, March 18, 2009

"Family Forklore" By Adam A

It was a hot and sunny day, it was so hot that you could crack and egg open and cook it on the sidewalks. Me and my half brother's, wife's, nephew's, cousin's, brother Coltan, He was 16 and I was 12.
He wanted to skateboard at at this high school so we grabbed our skateboards and hoped over our backyard fence, that fences was so high we had to connect two ladders together so that we can climb up it. Coltan went up first and I followed. Coltan was so tall that he was probably as tall as our fence, so when he jumped off our fence he was only one foot from the ground. "C'mon and jump already." He said. I looked down, the ground was so far away from me I probably needed a telescope to see it. I jump down, I thought I should have brought a parachute for this but Coltan caught me, "
Alright I know this short cut but we have to cross this road first." He said. I looked up and saw the road we had to cross. The road was so busy that you couldn't see the other side of the road, and of coarse everyone was driving pass the 60 mph speed limit. Coltan just booked it so I followed, I tried to keep up with him but he was so fast, that it looked liked he was one of the cars driving down the road. I herd a loud honk, I looked over and a Hummer was about to run right over me, but just when I though I would be road kill, Coltan tugged my arm and threw me 30 feet in the air and I landed on the other side of the road. "Your gonna get yourself killed if you don't be careful." He said, I looked back at the busy road "But.. I.. it.." " C'mon lets go." He said before I could finish my sentence.
We skated down the high school parking lot. The parking lot was so big and there were so many cars that if you parked your car here you would need a GPS to find it. Coltan skated so fast out of the parking lot that he disappeared in a blink in the eye. By the time I got out he was taking a nap waiting for me. I woke him up and we skated behind the school. Then we saw the biggest staircase I've ever seen, It was so big that the sun could set behind it at 3:00 in the after noon. "I'm gonna do a kickflip down it." He said. I though he should be the next Dare Devil if he is gonna do that.
It took him an hour to get up those steps, He had to call me so I would know When he is gonna do it so I can get out of the way. At first I didn't see anything and then, I saw a small black dot, and then the dot got bigger and bigger and then it turned into Coltan. He landed it. "Dude did you see that! I'm gonna try it again." He said, and then he ran up those steps, They should install an elevator. He called me again and then jumped and the same thing happened but this time when he landed the board was turned so he landed on it wrong.
You could hear a huge CRACK and then Coltan was screaming so loud that he scared the sun and the moon away. It was total darkness. We took him to the Doctor and the doctor said the he broke his leg so badly that he won't be able to walk for a whole year! But i don't think that will be the last time he jumps down those stairs again.

No comments: