"My life is a Candystore." There are so many options and it can be confusing at which one you should choose. You may feel like a certain candy, but it may end up making you sick later on. You could want something really badly, but then you could see something else you really want too. Life is unpredictable. You could think your getting chocolate with almonds, but in the end it's just chocolate.
When I was about 9 or 10 years old I got into a bad friend group. They did bad things and they just weren't very nice people. I had to make a choice of whether I wanted to get new friends or stick it out with my other friends. I was scared because I didn't know if people would accept me into their friend group, but I decided to start branching out to other people. I occasionally talked to my other friends, but not as much anymore. One of my friends who had become a bad influence on me talked to me about why I wasn't hanging around them as much anymore. I told her the truth. She didn't agree with me, but she let me do what I wanted to do. I did finally get into a better friend group and we are still good friends right now. I'm glad I changed friends groups because the person I am today was affected by them and I wouldn't be who I am right now if it weren't for them.
This story relates to the metaphor, "My life is a Candystore." It might not be chocolate with almonds, but it could end up tasting way better. You may think you want skittles or something like that, but you can't see into the future and you may enjoy a sucker more later on. If I had stayed with that other friend group I may not be who I am today. My old friends were like eating sour candy. It tastes good at first, but it starts to hurt the inside of your mouth later. My friends now are like chocolate. They are always sweet!
When Should I Repot My Fiddle Leaf Fig
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment