Wednesday, March 11, 2009

"A Snapshot of Me" by Yvette Anaafi

I got out of my car all happy and cheerful inside, on a nice autumn's day. All because I came back home from the first day of kindergarten. It was kind of cold outside, but I was so happy inside that it felt like summer to me. I walked into my house so anxious for the next day to come. I sat on my soft, black couch relaxing because it felt like I had a very long day. I was telling my mom how my first day was, when I realized my dad coming into the room with a camera in his hand. I'm wearing a jeans dress with pink flowers on it and I'm also wearing pink tights to match flowers. This is a picture of me at home on my couch posing for a memory I will always keep forever. My first day of kindergarten!!



I think that the reason my parents took this picture was so that I can have at least one thing to remember my first day of kindergarten by. My family always takes pictures even for the smallest things. When I was younger I thought this picture a very small thing and not such a big deal, but now that I look back at it, it is a big deal. I never really remembered my first day of kindergarten until I looked at this picture. Just looking at this picture and what I was wearing brings back all the memories.

When I woke up that morning I felt so scared because this was going to be the beginning of everything. The first day went really good. I made new friends and I loved my new teacher, Mrs. Clements. When I got home I was really tired, but I was excited to be home. I was so excited that i couldn't wait until the next day. The picture may not show how excited i was but let me tell you I was really excited.

In the picture you may not see that my parents happy to hear my story of how my first day of kindergarten was, but let me tell you they were. When I was at school, the whole day I was making sure that I didn't get my dress all dirty. I thought that I was a big girl and that I should be responsible. My mom was very happy that I was being "responsible". My first day of school was very fun and I couldn't wait to go back again.

2 comments:

Writer said...

Ha I loved it, i could just see you all happy because you just got back from your first day of kindegarten, I bet you were really excited, I was after my first day!! It was good you wrote it good!!
--Kaitlyn Byars

Writer said...

I loved it! Every single word! I could just picture you sitting on your soft, comfortable couch. I remember my first day of kindergarten...ha-ha great memories. Do you want to know what I wore on my first day?? I wore a pink powerpuff girl dress, with sparkling pink matching shoes!! I really liked the way you gave great detail, I could picture it very good.

Great Job Buddy!! Keep it up

~JEssica COles~