Tuesday, March 24, 2009

"Metaphor Madness" By Emily McBride

My life is an unknown country
My life is an unknown country,
everyday is a brand new adventure
Sometimes there are valleys low and sad
and there are also mountains high and bright
Everyday I map this country,
cold and barren, warm and exciting
Life is a desert,
bare and lonely
But life can be a mountain
crowded (with trees) full of excitement
Occasionally people expierence the same area,
the same place I have mapped,
I can let other people read my map
sometimes I read theirs, take advice.
This country has rainy days,
days that I can't learn to dance in the rain.
This country has warm spring days
full with new life, enjoyable times
Rocky and hard, smooth and calm.
My life is an unknown country
I am talking about how my life is sad sometimes and I struggle. But my life can be happy. My life can be crowded with friends and family and enjoyable things. I can feel so alone I don't know what to do. My life is just like an unknown, unmapped country.
My rocky times and low valleys are like when I am feeling very sad. When I talk about reading other people's maps I talk about when my sister died and I felt comfort through other people, seeing how they are getting through the same thing as me. When I talk about warm spring days full with new life, I am talking about my sister having her baby, me becoming and aunt. When I say I can't learn to dance in the rain, I can't find the light at the end of the tunnel, I just don't know what I am going to do. When I map this country, this is when I come to things that I have to get through on my own, when there are expierences where I have to face the concequences, learn from my actions.

No comments: