Wednesday, March 4, 2009

"Dear Class" by 59

My sister is always taking my stuff. Like my clothes, jewelry, shoes, perfume etc. I borrow her stuff sometimes, but I always ask. She never asks and it seems like what she borrows I never get back or it comes back gone or ruined. I don't want her to borrow my my stuff anymore. How can I tell her I want all my stuff back and that I don't want her to borrow my stuff anymore,without it hurting her feelings or us getting in a huge fight over it?

9 comments:

Brooklyn said...

What you need to do is to just sit her down, look her in the eye, and tell her how you feel. Keep a steady voice, and don't be a wallflower but don't put up a fight either. Explain to her how you always ask and what's bothering you. She's bound to understand.

Writer said...

I am in the same situation! My sister always takes my stuff and when I ask her to borrow something of hers she is rude about it. So just when she is in a good mood (thats always the best time) or before school just ask where one of the things she has borrowed is and if she says she doesn't know say oh I thought you wore it whenever. And just slowly ask for things back! Thats what I do! Good Luck!
~47

Writer said...

You should just tell her staight up 'I dont want you borrowing my stuff without asking me again' that's what I did with my brother and know he ask me to borrow my stuff and I always get it back when I need it and I return the favor.

Writer said...

don't worry thats what sisters do I have one who goes through all my stuff well actually two and my brother it might sound funny but my brother is just wierd he use to get my dresses on and my make up and jewlery he is 12 can you believe that any way. I just started wearing there cloths and taking there stuff it's not well if there younger juust there stuf you don't have to were it just show them how it feels. You can get a door with a key lock on it so they can't get in there with a key but that might sound silly good luck.

#49

Writer said...

i have the same problem with my sister... and for some reason my brother... well any way
what i did was get her alone and tell her face to face that we should make a deal, an exchange whenever she need something from my room she has to ask and i get to take or borrow something from her room and unless i get it back at the end of the day she does not get what i took back. it may sound rude but she was surprisingly calm about this she agreed, now i know what she has of mine and the rest is in my own room.

Writer said...

I totally understand where you're coming from and I know it sucks! I cousin is the same way she always wants to borrow my stuff, and sometimes I never see it again. Tell you what, why don't you ask to talk to your sister about the whole problem. Be persitant and strong. Tell her how you feel about her borrowing your things, and explain to her that you don't like how she does it. Tell her that you don't feel like that she's taking on full responsbility about taking care of your things. "Just spill the beans" to her and hopefully she'll understand and next time be more respectful. Good luck, hope everything eventrually works out!

Writer said...

Maybe you should try to tell your sister that you always ask when you borrow her stuff so maybe she should ask and when she or you borrows somthing of the other persons you could give her somthing of yours and she could give you somthing of hers like if she wants to borrow a shirt then make sure she gives you somthing of hers first!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!

Writer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Writer said...

You know what, just have a talk with her. My sister and i were in the same situation. But I was the one taking her things. So she sat me down and said, I HATE IT WHEN YOU TAKE MY STUFF WITHOUT ASKING, AND YOU NEVER BRING IT BACK! I just stared at her, amazed. So the next day I took something else. So we talked about it, with no yelling envolved, we came to a conclusion. I could take her stuff without asking, but I have to bring it back, or the deal is done. That's the easiest thing to do. :D

-63