What a beautiful Sunday, summer day, the nicest one I've seen in a while. It wasn't to hot
and it wasn't to cold, it was just right." The perfect day to go to the park" I thought to myself. I was just thrilled that it was a gorgeous day, so that's when I decided to ask my mom, Heather, if we could go to the park. "Yes of course", she said. Anything to get out of the house sounded great to her. But before we go, she said. Let me call my sisters to see if they want to come with us. Okay! I said! I was just the happiest little girl ever!! I mean even though we go to the park about every weekend. It's still exciting! I mean come on??? Who doesn't want to go to the PARK?!?! Especially Liberty Park, because that's the park we were going to! We've always loved that park and we still do! It's a great park. Not only do they have playgrounds, but they have rides, and water to play in, and they have a snack shack to get yummy food! Lastly they have the most exciting thing there ever, the Drum Circle! My family has gone there ever since I can remember, it's like a family tradition that has never been established. Ha-Ha. The Drum Circle was like a place where we'd go to clear our minds, and just sit on the grass and listen to them bang on their drums, and relax. It was wonderful.
Well, back to the Snack Shack, that's the place where some really funny, great, and wonderful times have happened. As I was sitting there, at the table with a discolored umbrella above me, and some ketchup staines from the people before, I could feel the sun beating down on my back, I could just feel the torchering sunburn starting. I was just sitting there, getting a little bored now, when all of a sudden I see this, huge, giant pink fluff ball in the corner of my eye. I turned to see what it was. It was a stick of bright pink cotton candy, and it was for me! YAY! My aunt bought me some cotton candy. As soon as she handed it to me, I started eating it right away! It was delicious, it was the best tasting cotton candy I've ever had! By the time I was half way through, my face was stickier than a cooked marshmallow that got stuck to your fingers after you eat a S'mores.
My family laughed at the sight of my face. It was hilarious! That cotton candy was all over my face. It was a mess! That's when I heard my mom call my name. "Jessica?" She said. I looked over to where she was sitting on the grass with my other two aunts. I looked at her hand to see that she had her camera in her hands. I tried to hide, but she got me! Darn it!! So, now I have this wonderful picture of me, eating cotton candy, with it all over my hands and face.
I'll never forget that day, it was great! Even though, now people get to see me eating cotton candy with it all over! But, oh well, it was worth it, especially since I got to eat it, and I'll never forget how my mom told me that when I saw the cotton candy, my eyes lit up brighter than a million christmas lights!
When Should I Repot My Fiddle Leaf Fig
2 years ago
2 comments:
Ha, I can just see the cotten candy all over your face ha. I bet that day was fun. I loved it! nice work!
--KAITLYN byars
I loved your description of things! I can totally picture this whole day in my head! I can totally see you with the cotton candy all over your face and hands! I bet you had a great day that day! Great job!
-Courtney Denning
Post a Comment