Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Snapshot of Me by Devin Bryner

This was a trip I will never forget. My family goes to Bear Lake every year. While we are there, we take a short hike to Bloomington Lake. This lake is so cold, even in summer, there is a mountain of snow and ice.

This one trip, though, was a little bit different. It was a blazing hot day, and it was getting hard to stand. The cool refreshing water was tempting me. I knew the water would be cold, that's why I thought it would feel better than the scorching sun hitting my body. I think that's why I did what I did.

I wanted to go in, so, for a reason that is now unknown to me, I decided to go out onto the log I that I saw a few feet in front of me. As soon as I went on it, I started having second thoughts, but by then it was too late. As I turned around to head back, I lost my balance. Only then, did I find out just how the water felt. Then, as I was getting out, somebody took this picture of me. Me in my agony from being chilled to the bone from that lake. The lake with the ice-cold water that I, regrettably, fell into.

1 comment:

Writer said...

Comment from Joe Isaacson
I thought that the story of your picture was interesting and you didnt make the rite decision of going by the water.